|Healthcare Training Institute - Quality Education since 1979CE for Psychologist, Social Worker, Counselor, & MFT!!
Bibliography/ Authors/ Instructors
- Abramson, M. Reflections on knowing oneself ethically: Toward a working framework for social work practice. Families in Society, 1996a, 77(4), 195-202.
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy. (2015, January 1). Code of Ethics. Retrieved from http://www.aamft.org/iMIS15/AAMFT/Content/Legal_Ethics/Code_of_Ethics.aspx
- American Counseling Association. (2014). ACA Code of Ethics. Retrieved from http://www.counseling.org/docs/ethics/2014-aca-code-of-ethics.pdf?sfvrsn=4
- American Psychological Association (APA). (2017, January 1). Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct. Retrieved from http://www.apa.org/ethics/code
- Barker, R. L. (1998). Milestones in the Development of Social Work and Social Welfare. Washington, DC: NASW Press. Rankin, Mary, JD employed by the Healthcare Training Institute to research and write the article Evolution of Social Work Ethics. Edited by Tracy Appleton, LCSW. The reference Barker, Robert L. Milestones in the Development of Social Work and Social Welfare. Washington, DC NASW Press, 1998.
- Bemecker, Samantha L. Helping Clients Help Themselves: Managing Ethical Concerns When Offering Guided Self-Help Interventions in Psychotherapy Practice. Professional Psychology: Research & Practice. Apr2014, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p111-119.
- Celik, Sevilay Senol; Baybuga, Media Subasi; Verbal, physical and sexual abuse among children working on the street; Australian Journal of Advanced Nursing, August 2009, Vol 26 Issue 4, p14
- Chahal, Parneet Kaur. A trainee counselling psychologist's considerations in CBT-informed practice with adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse. Counselling Psychology Review. Sep2013, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p30-42.
Adrienne, Opening the Door: A Treatment Model for Therapy with Male Survivors
of Sexual Abuse, Brunner/Mazel Publishers: New York, 1995.
- Dorais, Michael,
Don't Tell: The Sexual Abuse of Boys, McGill-Queen's University Press: London,
- Draucker, Claire, Counselling Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse,
Sage Publications: London, 1992.
- Etherington, Kim, Narrative Approaches to
Working with Adult Male Survivors of Sexual Abuse, Jessica Kingsley Publishers
- Harris, J. (1985). Child abuse and neglect: ethical issues. Journal of medical ethics, 11. p. 138-141.
- Henderson, Kathryn L. Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse: Considerations and Guidelines for Mental Health Counselors. Journal of Mental Health Counseling. Oct2013, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p296-309.
- IOM (Institute of Medicine) and NRC (National Research
Council). 2013. Confronting commercial sexual exploitation and sex trafficking of minors in the United States. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press.
- Kangas, Julie L.; Calvert, James D. Ethical Issues in Mental Health Background Checks for Firearm Ownership. Professional Psychology: Research & Practice. Feb2014, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p76-83.
- Karakurt, Gunnur; Silver, Kristin E. Therapy for Childhood Sexual Abuse Survivors Using Attachment and Family Systems Theory Orientations. American Journal of Family Therapy. Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p79-91.
- Loewenberg, F. M., & Dolgoff, R. & Harrington, D. Ethical decisions for social work practice. Itasca, Illinois: F.E. Peacock., 2000
- Maikovich, Andrea Kohn; Koenen, Karestan C.; Jaffee, Sara R., Posttraumatic Stress Symptoms and Trajectories in Child Sexual Abuse Victims: An Analysis of Sex Differences Using the National Survey of Child and Adolescent Well-Being, Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology, July 2009, Vol. 37, Issue 5, p 727-738
- Meade, Christina S.; Hansen, Nathan B.; Kochman, Arlene; Sikkema, Kathleen J. Utilization of Medical Treatments and Adherence to Antiretroviral Therapy among HIV-Positive Adults with Histories of Childhood Sexual Abuse; AIDS Patient Care & STDs, April 2009, Vol 23 Issue 4, p259
- Mendel, Matthew, The Male Survivor: The Impact of Sexual Abuse,
Sage Publications: London, 1995.
- Moe, Cathrine; Kvig, Erling I; Brinchmann, Beate; Brinchmann, Berit S. Working behind the scenes’ An ethical view of mental health nursing and first-episode psychosis. Nursing Ethics. Aug2013, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p517-527.
- Nalavany, Blace Arthur; Ryan, Scott D.; Hinterlong, Jim, Externalizing Behavior Among Adopted Boys with Preadoptive Histories of Child Sexual Abuse, Journal of Child Sexual Abuse, Oct 2009, Vol. 18, Issue 5, p 553-574.
- National Association of Social Workers. (2017). NASW Code of Ethics. Retrieved from https://www.socialworkers.org/About/Ethics/Code-of-Ethics/Code-of-Ethics-English
- National Board for Certified Counselors, Inc. and Affiliates. (2016, October 7). NBCC Code of Ethics. Retrieved from https://www.nbcc.org/Assets/Ethics/NBCCCodeofEthics.pdf
- O’Leary, Patrick J., Men who were sexually abused in childhood: Coping strategies and comparisons in psychological functioning, Child Abuse & Neglect, July 2009, Vol. 33, Issue 7, p 471-480
- Reamer, F. G. The social work ethics audit: A risk-management strategy. Social Work, 2000, 45(4), 355-366.
- Reamer, Frederic G., Social Work Ethics Casebook: Cases and Commentary. Washington, DC: NASW Press, 2009
- Reamer, Frederic G., Social Work Malpractice and Liability: Strategies for Prevention, 2nd ed. (New York: Columbia University Press, 2003)
Reamer, Frederic G., Social Work Values and Ethics, 3rd ed. (New York: Columbia University Press, 2006)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Ethical Standards in Social Work: A Review of the NASW Code of Ethics, 2nd ed. (Washington, DC: NASW Press, 2006)
- Reamer, Frederic G., The Social Work Ethics Audit: A Risk-management Tool (Washington, DC: NASW Press, 2001)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Tangled Relationships: Managing Boundaries in the Human Services (New York: Columbia University Press, 2001)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Ethics Education in Social Work (Alexandria, VA: Council on Social Work Education, 2001)
- Rickerby, Michelle. Family support and childhood sexual abuse: A powerful force in recovery. Brown University Child & Adolescent Behavior Letter. Jun2013, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p1-6. .
- Rothstein, Mark A., Tarasoff Duties after Newtown, Journal of Law, Medicine & Ethics. Spring2014, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p104-109.
- Shapero, Benjamin G.; Black, Shimrit K.; Liu, Richard T.; Klugman, Joshua; Bender, Rachel E.; Abramson, Lyn Y.; Alloy, Lauren B. Stressful Life Events and Depression Symptoms: The Effect of Childhood Emotional Abuse on Stress Reactivity. Journal of Clinical Psychology. Mar2014, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p209-223.
- Wilson, Debra Rose; Health Consequences of Childhood Sexual Abuse; Perspectives in Psychiatric Care, January 2009, Vol 46 Issue 1, p56
- Yancey, C.; Naufel, Karen; Hansen, David. The Relationship of Personal, Family, and Abuse-Specific Factors to Children's Clinical Presentation Following Childhood Sexual Abuse. Journal of Family Violence. Jan2013, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p31-42.
- Coordinating Author/Instructor: Tracy Appleton, LCSW, MEd