|Healthcare Training Institute - Quality Education since 1979CE for Psychologist, Social Worker, Counselor, & MFT!!
Bibliography/ Authors/ Instructors
- Anderson, Jared R.; Stith, Sandra M.; Johnson, Matthew D.; Strachman-Miller, Marjorie M.; Amanor-Boadu, Yvonne; Linkh, David J. Multi-Couple Group and Self-Directed PREP Formats Enhance Relationship Satisfaction and Improve Anger Management Skills in Air Force Couples. American Journal of Family Therapy. Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p121-133. 13p. 1 Chart. DOI: 10.1080/01926187.2012.671104.
- Chanmugam, Amy. Social Work Expertise and Domestic Violence Fatality Review Teams. Social Work. Jan2014, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p73-80. 8p
- Cox, DL, What’s the use in getting mad? Anger and instrumentality in women’s relationships, Health Care for Women International, Oct 2004, Vol. 25.
- Cox, DL, Who me, angry? Patterns of anger diversion in women, Health Care for Women International, Oct 2004, Vol. 25.
- Deffenbacher, Jerry, Anger-Management programs: issues and suggestions, Behavioral Health Management, Nov/Dec 2004, Vol. 24, Issue 6.
- England, Elizabeth. 'I need help with my anger'. Pulse. Jun2013, p46-47. 2p.
- Evans, Sybil and Cohen, Sherry Suib. Hot Buttons: How to Resolve Conflict and Cool Everyone Down. HarperCollins: New York 2000.
- Ghazinour, Mehdi; Richter, Jorg, Anger Related to Psychopathology, Temperament, and Character in Healthy Individuals- An Explorative Study, Social Behavior & Personality: An International Journal, 2009, Vol. 37, Issue 9, p 1197
- Gentry, W. Doyle, Ph.D. Anger-Free: Ten Basic Steps to Managing Your Anger. William Morrow and Company, Inc.: New York 1999.
- Hajek, Clifford. Women being battered is terrible but can be stopped! Social Work. Apr2013, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p190-190. 3/4p. DOI: 10.1093/sw/swt010
- Hatch, Holly & Deborah K. Forgays, A Comparison of older adolescent and adult females’ responses to anger-provoking situations, Adolescence, Fall 2001, Vol. 36, Issue 143.
- Jackson, J., Kuppens, P., Sheeber, L. B., and Allen, N. B. (2011). Expression of Anger in Depressed Adolescents: The Role of the Family Environment. J Abnorm Child Psychol., 39(3). p. 463-474. doi:10.1007/s10802-010-9473-3
- Klein, Andrew R, Practical Implications of Current Domestic Violence Research, US Department of Justice, June 9, p1-51.
- Lim, Si Huan; Ang, Rebecca P, Relationship Between Boys’ Normative Beliefs About Aggression and Their Physical, Verbal, and Indirect Aggressive Behaviors, Adolescence, October2009, Vol. 44, Issue 174, p 635
- Mann, Sandi, ‘People-work’: emotion management, stress and coping, Journal of Guidance & Counselling, May 2004, Vol. 32, Issue 2.
- Marsa, Linda, Anger Therapy, Natural Health, Apr 2004, Vol. 34, Issue 4
- McKay, Matthew, Ph.D., Rogers, Peter, Ph.D., McKay, Judith, Ph.D. When Anger Hurts: How to Change Painful Feelings into Positive Action. MJF Books: New York, New York 1989.
- Nelson, Anthony J.; Adams, Reginald B.; Stevenson, Michael T.; Weisbuch, Max; Norton, Michael I. Approach-Avoidance Movement Influences the Decoding of Anger and Fear Expressions. Social Cognition. Dec2013, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p745-757. 13p. DOI: 10.1521/soco.2013.31.6.745.
- Newsweek Global. From Mad to Worse. 5/2/2014, Vol. 162 Issue 17, p1-7. 7p.
- Rich, Robert. Detoxifying Anger: A Narrative Therapy Approach. Australian Institute of Criminology, September 1999, p1-9.
- Sharkin, Bruce S., Road rage: risk factors, assessment, and intervention strategies, Journal of Counseling & Development, Spring 2004, Vol. 82, Issue 2.
- Stimpson, Aimée; Kroese, Biza Stenfert; Macmahon, Pamela; Rose, Nicola; Townson, Julia; Felce, David; Hood, Kerenza; Jahoda, Andrew; Rose, John; Willner, Paul. The Experiences of Staff Taking on the Role of Lay Therapist in a Group-Based Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Anger Management Intervention for People with Intellectual Disabilities. Journal of Applied Research in Intellectual Disabilities. Jan2013, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p63-70. 8p. DOI: 10.1111/jar.12006.
- Sukhodolsky, D. G., Smith, S. D., McCauley, S. A., Ibrahim, K., and Piasecka, J. B. (2016). Behavioral Interventions for Anger, Irritability, and Aggression in Children and Adolescent. Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology, 26(1). p. 58-64. 10.1089/cap.2015.0120
- Thomas, Sandra P., Anger: the mismanaged emotion, MEDSURG Nursing, Apr 2003, Vol. 12, Issue 2.
- Thomas, Shirley A.; Gonzalez-Prendes, A. Antonio, Powerlessness, Anger, and Stress in African American Women: Implications for Physical and Emotional Health, Health Care for Women International, February2009, Vol. 30, Issue ½, p 93
- Thornton, Victoria. Understanding the emotional impact of domestic violence on young children. Educational & Child Psychology. Mar2014, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p90-100. 11p. 3 Black and White Photographs, 1 Diagram.
- Trevillion, Kylee; Agnew-Davies, Roxane; Michele Howard, Louise. Healthcare professionals' response to domestic violence. Primary Health Care. Nov2013
- Triplett, Ruth; Higgins, George; Payne, Brian. Experiences of Domestic Violence as a Child and Career Choice. Journal of Family Violence. Apr2013, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p289-297. 9p. 5 Charts. DOI: 10.1007/s10896-013-9499-8
- Coordinating Author/Instructor: Tracy Appleton, LCSW, MEd