|Healthcare Training Institute - Quality Education since 1979CE for Psychologist, Social Worker, Counselor, & MFT!!
Peer-Reviewed Journal Article References:
Abbott, C. H., Zisk, A., Bounoua, N., Diamond, G. S., & Kobak, R. (2019). Predicting patterns of treatment response and outcome for adolescents who are suicidal and depressed. Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, 58(9), 897–906.
Buchman-Schmitt, J. M., Chiurliza, B., Chu, C., Michaels, M. S., & Joiner, T. E. (2014). Suicidality in adolescent populations: A review of the extant literature through the lens of the interpersonal theory of suicide. International Journal of Behavioral Consultation and Therapy, 9(3), 26–34.
Capps, R. E., Michael, K. D., & Jameson, J. P. (2019). Lethal means and adolescent suicidal risk: An expansion of the peace protocol. Journal of Rural Mental Health, 43(1), 3–16.
De Silva, S., Parker, A., Purcell, R., Callahan, P., Liu, P., & Hetrick, S. (2013). Mapping the evidence of prevention and intervention studies for suicidal and self-harming behaviors in young people. Crisis: The Journal of Crisis Intervention and Suicide Prevention, 34(4), 223–232.
DeCou, C. R., & Lynch, S. M. (2018). Sexual orientation, gender, and attempted suicide among adolescent psychiatric inpatients. Psychological Services, 15(3), 363–369.
Guan, K., Fox, K. R., & Prinstein, M. J. (2012). Nonsuicidal self-injury as a time-invariant predictor of adolescent suicide ideation and attempts in a diverse community sample. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 80(5), 842–849.
Herres, J., Shearer, A., Kodish, T., Kim, B., Wang, S. B., & Diamond, G. S. (2019). Differences in suicide risk severity among suicidal youth with anxiety disorders. Crisis: The Journal of Crisis Intervention and Suicide Prevention, 40(5), 333–339.
Hill, R. M., Oosterhoff, B., & Kaplow, J. B. (2017). Prospective identification of adolescent suicide ideation using classification tree analysis: Models for community-based screening. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 85(7), 702–711.
Miller, D. N. (2014). Levels of responsibility in school-based suicide prevention: Legal requirements, ethical duties, and best practices. International Journal of Behavioral Consultation and Therapy, 9(3), 15–18.
Mishara, B. L. (2008). Reconciling clinical experience with evidence-based knowledge in suicide prevention policy and practice [Editorial]. Crisis: The Journal of Crisis Intervention and Suicide Prevention, 29(1), 1–3.
O'Reilly, L. M., Pettersson, E., Quinn, P. D., Klonsky, E. D., Lundström, S., Larsson, H., Lichtenstein, P., & D'Onofrio, B. M. (2020). The association between general childhood psychopathology and adolescent suicide attempt and self-harm: A prospective, population-based twin study. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 129(4), 364–375.
Reisner, S. L., Biello, K., Perry, N. S., Gamarel, K. E., & Mimiaga, M. J. (2014). A compensatory model of risk and resilience applied to adolescent sexual orientation disparities in nonsuicidal self-injury and suicide attempts. American Journal of Orthopsychiatry, 84(5), 545–556.
Robinson, J., Cox, G., Malone, A., Williamson, M., Baldwin, G., Fletcher, K., & O'Brien, M. (2013). A systematic review of school-based interventions aimed at preventing, treating, and responding to suicide-related behavior in young people. Crisis: The Journal of Crisis Intervention and Suicide Prevention, 34(3), 164–182.
Yip, P. S. F. (2011). Towards evidence-based suicide prevention programs [Editorial]. Crisis: The Journal of Crisis Intervention and Suicide Prevention, 32(3), 117–120.
Zisk, A., Abbott, C. H., Bounoua, N., Diamond, G. S., & Kobak, R. (2019). Parent–teen communication predicts treatment benefit for depressed and suicidal adolescents. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 87(12), 1137–1148.
- Allan PhD, Robert; Get Control of Your Anger; McGraw-Hill: New York; 2006
- Bell, Chastity Hope; Robinson III, Edward H. Shared Trauma in Counseling: Information and Implications for Counselors. Journal of Mental Health Counseling. Oct2013, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p310-323. 14p. 1 Chart.
- Capuzzi, David, Professional School Counseling, Oct2002, Vol. 6, Issue 1
- Everall, Robin D., Bostik, Katherine E., Paulson, Barbara L., Adolescence, Winter2005, Vol. 40, Issue 160
- Fairchild PhD, Thomas N. (ed); Crisis Intervention for School-Based Helpers; Charles C. Thomas: Springfield, Illinois; 1986
- Gould, Madelyn S.; Cross, Wendi; Pisani, Anthony R.; Munfakh, Jimmie Lou; Kleinman, Marjorie. Impact of Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training on the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Suicide & Life-Threatening Behavior. Dec2013, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p676-691. 16p. 4 Charts. DOI: 10.1111/sltb.12049.
- healthypeople.gov. Addressing Teen Suicide Through Evidence-Based Interventions. healthypeople.gov, 2013, p1-3.
- Isaac, Michael; Elias, Brenda; Katz, Laurence Y.; Shay-Lee Belik; Deane, Frank P.; Enns, Murray W.; Sareen, Jitender; Gatekeeper Training as a Preventative Intervention for Suicide: A Systematic Review; Canadian Journal of Psychiatry, April 2009, Vol 54 Issue 4, p260
- Joe PhD, LMSW, Sean; and Heather Bryant, MSW. Evidence-Based Suicide Prevention Screening in Schools. The National Center for Biotechnology Information advances science and health, October 2007, p.1-12.
- Lester PhD, David; The Cruelest Death – The Enigma of Adolescent Suicide; The Charles Press, Publishers: Philadelphia; 1993
- Leveton M.A., Eva; Adolescent Crisis – Family Counseling Approaches; Spring Publishing Company: New York; 1984
- Li Kitts, Robert, Adolescence, Fall2005, Vol. 40, Issue 159
- Manor, Iris, Vincent, Michel, Tyano, Sam, Adolescence, Summer2004, Vol. 39, Issue 154
- Miller, David N.; Mazza, James J.; Eckert, Tanya L.; Suicide Prevention Programs in the Schools: A Review and Public Health Perspective; School Psychology Review, 2009, Vol 38 Issue 2, p168
- National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Division of Violence Prevention; "Youth Suicide"; http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/dvp/Suicide/youthsuicide.htm; 9/6/2007
- Portes, Pedro R., Sandhu, Daya S., Longwell-Grice, Robert, Adolescence, Winter2002, Vol. 37, Issue 148
- Puture, Laura. H&HN: Reaching Out to Teens In Need. Hospitals & Health Networks. Mar2013, Vol. 87 Issue 3, p53-53. 1p. 1 Color Photograph.
- Rutter, Philip A., Behrendt, Andrew E., Adolescence, Summer2004, Vol. 39, Issue 154
- Shamoo PhD, Tonia K. and Philip G. Patros PhD; Helping Your Child Cope with Depression and Suicidal Thoughts; Lexington Books: New York; 1990
- Silenzio, Vincent M.B.; Duberstein, Paul R.; Tang, Wan; Lu, Naiji; Tu, Xin; Homan, Christopher M.; Connecting the invisible dots: Reaching lesbian, gay, and bisexual adolescents and young adults at risk for suicide through online social networks; Social Science & Medicine, August 2009, Vol 69 Issue 3, p469
- Smith M.A., Judie; Coping with Suicide; The Rosen Publishing Group, Inc.: New York; 1990
- Stanard, Rebecca Powell, Journal of Mental Health Counseling, Jul2000, Vol. 22, Issue 3
- Sugg, Robert A. Counseling crisis. Armed Forces Journal. Mar2013, Vol. 150 Issue 7, p24-33. 4p.
- Van Ornum, William and John B. Mordock; Crisis Counseling with Children and Adolescents; Continuum: New York; 1990
- Westmarland, Nicole; Alderson, Sue. The Health, Mental Health, and Well-Being Benefits of Rape Crisis Counseling. Journal of Interpersonal Violence. Nov2013, Vol. 28 Issue 17, p3265-3282. 18p. DOI: 10.1177/0886260513496899.
- Zayas, Luis H., Kaplan, Carol, Turner, Sandra, Romano, Kathleen, Gonzalez-Ramos, Gladys, Social Work, Jan2000, Vol. 45, Issue 1.