|Healthcare Training Institute - Quality Education since 1979CE for Psychologist, Social Worker, Counselor, & MFT!!
Peer-Reviewed Journal Article References:
Aralis, H. J., Macera, C. A., Rauh, M. J., & MacGregor, A. J. (2014). Traumatic brain injury and PTSD screening efforts evaluated using latent class analysis. Rehabilitation Psychology, 59(1), 68–78.
Bei, B., Asarnow, L. D., Krystal, A., Edinger, J. D., Buysse, D. J., & Manber, R. (2018). Treating insomnia in depression: Insomnia related factors predict long-term depression trajectories. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 86(3), 282–293.
Bredemeier, K., Spielberg, J. M., Silton, R. L., Berenbaum, H., Heller, W., & Miller, G. A. (2010). Screening for depressive disorders using the Mood and Anxiety Symptoms Questionnaire Anhedonic Depression Scale: A receiver-operating characteristic analysis. Psychological Assessment, 22(3), 702–710.
“Bullying, depression, and suicide risk in a pediatric primary care sample”: Correction to Kodish et al., 2016 (2016). Crisis: The Journal of Crisis Intervention and Suicide Prevention, 37(3), 247.
Butler, S. F., Black, R. A., McCaffrey, S. A., Ainscough, J., & Doucette, A. M. (2017). A computer adaptive testing version of the Addiction Severity Index—Multimedia Version (ASI–MV): The Addiction Severity CAT. Psychology of Addictive Behaviors, 31(3), 265–275.
Clapp, J. D., Kern, S. M., Kozina, R. M., Ripley, A. J., & Lear, M. K. (2019). Stability of reported trauma over extended intervals: Initial evaluation of an exposure screening protocol. Psychological Assessment, 31(6), 805–816.
De Los Reyes, A., Bunnell, B. E., & Beidel, D. C. (2013). Informant discrepancies in adult social anxiety disorder assessments: Links with contextual variations in observed behavior. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 122(2), 376–386.
Dorenkamp, M. A., & Vik, P. (2018). Neuropsychological assessment anxiety: A systematic review. Practice Innovations, 3(3), 192–211.
Dvorak, R. D., Pearson, M. R., & Day, A. M. (2014). Ecological momentary assessment of acute alcohol use disorder symptoms: Associations with mood, motives, and use on planned drinking days. Experimental and Clinical Psychopharmacology, 22(4), 285–297.
Eaton, C. K., Henning, E., Lam, J., & Paasch, V. (2019). Actigraphy technology: Informing assessment and intervention for sleep disturbances in young children. Clinical Practice in Pediatric Psychology, 7(4), 347–357.
Eklund, K., Rossen, E., Koriakin, T., Chafouleas, S. M., & Resnick, C. (2018). A systematic review of trauma screening measures for children and adolescents. School Psychology Quarterly, 33(1), 30–43.
Esbjørn, B. H., Sømhovd, M. J., Holm, J. M., Lønfeldt, N. N., Bender, P. K., Nielsen, S. K., & Reinholdt-Dunne, M. L. (2013). A structural assessment of the 30-item Metacognitions Questionnaire for Children and its relations to anxiety symptoms. Psychological Assessment, 25(4), 1211–1219.
Essau, C. A., Anastassiou-Hadjicharalambous, X., & Muñoz, L. C. (2013). Psychometric properties of the Screen for Child Anxiety Related Emotional Disorders (SCARED) in Cypriot children and adolescents. European Journal of Psychological Assessment, 29(1), 19–27.
Ford-Paz, R. E., Gouze, K. R., Kerns, C. E., Ballard, R., Parkhurst, J. T., Jha, P., & Lavigne, J. (2019). Evidence-based assessment in clinical settings: Reducing assessment burden for a structured measure of child and adolescent anxiety. Psychological Services. Advance online publication.
Franklin, C. L., Sheeran, T., & Zimmerman, M. (2002). Screening for trauma histories, posttraumatic stress disorders (PTSD) and subthreshold PTSD in psychiatric outpatients. Psychological Assessment, 14(4), 467–471.
Girio-Herrera, E., Dvorsky, M. R., & Owens, J. S. (2015). Mental health screening in kindergarten youth: A multistudy examination of the concurrent and diagnostic validity of the Impairment Rating Scale. Psychological Assessment, 27(1), 215–227.
Grassetti, S. N., Williamson, A. A., Herres, J., Kobak, R., Layne, C. M., Kaplow, J. B., & Pynoos, R. S. (2018). Evaluating referral, screening, and assessment procedures for middle school trauma/grief-focused treatment groups. School Psychology Quarterly, 33(1), 10–20.
Grisso, T., Fountain, E., NeMoyer, A., & Thornton, L. C. (2019). The role of translational psychological science in juvenile justice reform [Editorial]. Translational Issues in Psychological Science, 5(2), 113–120.
Heidenblut, S., & Zank, S. (2014). Screening for Depression with the Depression in Old Age Scale (DIA-S) and the Geriatric Depression Scale (GDS15): Diagnostic accuracy in a geriatric inpatient setting. GeroPsych: The Journal of Gerontopsychology and Geriatric Psychiatry, 27(1), 41–49.
Helms, S. W., & Prinstein, M. J. (2014). Risk assessment and decision making regarding imminent suicidality in pediatric settings. Clinical Practice in Pediatric Psychology, 2(2), 176–193.
Hom, M. A., Joiner, T. E., Jr., & Bernert, R. A. (2016). Limitations of a single-item assessment of suicide attempt history: Implications for standardized suicide risk assessment. Psychological Assessment, 28(8), 1026–1030.
Honaker, S. M., & Saunders, T. (2018). The Sleep Checkup: Sleep screening, guidance, and management in pediatric primary care. Clinical Practice in Pediatric Psychology, 6(3), 201–210.
Hudson, N. W., & Fraley, R. C. (2018). Does attachment anxiety promote the encoding of false memories? An investigation of the processes linking adult attachment to memory errors. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 115(4), 688–715.
Jones, N. J., Brown, S. L., Robinson, D., & Frey, D. (2016). Validity of the youth assessment and screening instrument: A juvenile justice tool incorporating risks, needs, and strengths. Law and Human Behavior, 40(2), 182–194.
Kiser, L. J., Miller, A. B., Mooney, M. A., Vivrette, R., & Davis, S. R. (2020). Integrating parents with trauma histories into child trauma treatment: Establishing core components. Practice Innovations, 5(1), 65–80.
Kleim, B., Graham, B., Bryant, R. A., & Ehlers, A. (2013). Capturing intrusive re-experiencing in trauma survivors’ daily lives using ecological momentary assessment. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 122(4), 998–1009.
Kröger, C., & Kliem, S. (2014). Screening for posttraumatic stress disorder: Comparison of the diagnostic efficiency of two self-rating measures. European Journal of Psychological Assessment, 30(2), 93–99.
Lang, J. M., & Connell, C. M. (2017). Development and validation of a brief trauma screening measure for children: The Child Trauma Screen. Psychological Trauma: Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy, 9(3), 390–398.
Meltzer, L. J. (2016). Coordinated special issues on sleep in pediatric and developmental conditions: Introduction to the Clinical Practice in Pediatric Psychology (CPPP) special issue—The clinical practice of pediatric sleep. Clinical Practice in Pediatric Psychology, 4(2), 105–111.
Morean, M. E., Corbin, W. R., & Treat, T. A. (2012). The Anticipated Effects of Alcohol Scale: Development and psychometric evaluation of a novel assessment tool for measuring alcohol expectancies. Psychological Assessment, 24(4), 1008–1023.
Morean, M. E., Corbin, W. R., & Treat, T. A. (2013). The Subjective Effects of Alcohol Scale: Development and psychometric evaluation of a novel assessment tool for measuring subjective response to alcohol. Psychological Assessment, 25(3), 780–795.
Nanthakumar, S., Bucks, R. S., Skinner, T. C., Starkstein, S., Hillman, D., James, A., & Hunter, M. (2017). Assessment of the Depression, Anxiety, and Stress Scale (DASS-21) in untreated obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). Psychological Assessment, 29(10), 1201–1209.
Pallesen, S., Nordhus, I. H., Havik, O. E., & Nielsen, G. H. (2001). Clinical assessment and treatment of insomnia. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 32(2), 115–124.
Petts, R. A., & Shahidullah, J. D. (2020). Engagement interventions delivered in primary care to improve off-site pediatric mental health service initiation: A systematic review. Families, Systems, & Health. Advance online publication.
Picard, E. H., & Rosenfeld, B. (2020). How clinicians incorporate suicide risk factors into suicide risk assessment. Crisis: The Journal of Crisis Intervention and Suicide Prevention. Advance online publication.
Roush, J. F., Brown, S. L., Jahn, D. R., Mitchell, S. M., Taylor, N. J., Quinnett, P., & Ries, R. (2018). Mental health professionals' suicide risk assessment and management practices: The impact of fear of suicide-related outcomes and comfort working with suicidal individuals. Crisis: The Journal of Crisis Intervention and Suicide Prevention, 39(1), 55–64.
Royer-Gagnier, K., Skilling, T. A., Brown, S. L., Moore, T. E., & Rawana, J. S. (2016). The Strengths Assessment Inventory–Youth Version: An evaluation of the psychometric properties with male and female justice-involved youth. Psychological Assessment, 28(5), 563–574.
Runyan, C. N. (2018). Assessing social determinants of health in primary care: Liability or opportunity? Families, Systems, & Health, 36(4), 550–552.
Saini, P., While, D., Chantler, K., Windfuhr, K., & Kapur, N. (2014). Assessment and management of suicide risk in primary care. Crisis: The Journal of Crisis Intervention and Suicide Prevention, 35(6), 415–425.
Sayette, M. A., Norcross, J. C., & Dimoff, J. D. (2018). Addiction training and multiple treatments for all clinical psychologists: Reply to Freimuth (2018). American Psychologist, 73(5), 695–696.
Schoeler, T., Duncan, L., Cecil, C. M., Ploubidis, G. B., & Pingault, J.-B. (2018). Quasi-experimental evidence on short- and long-term consequences of bullying victimization: A meta-analysis. Psychological Bulletin, 144(12), 1229–1246.
Shaw, T., Dooley, J. J., Cross, D., Zubrick, S. R., & Waters, S. (2013). The Forms of Bullying Scale (FBS): Validity and reliability estimates for a measure of bullying victimization and perpetration in adolescence. Psychological Assessment, 25(4), 1045–1057.
Smith, P. C., Brown Levey, S. M., & Lyon, C. (2017). Evaluating transformation with available resources: The influence of APEX on depression screening. Families, Systems, & Health, 35(2), 238–247.
Stepanski, E., Rybarczyk, B., Lopez, M., & Stevens, S. (2003). Assessment and treatment of sleep disorders in older adults: A review for rehabilitation psychologists. Rehabilitation Psychology, 48(1), 23–36.
Walters, E. M., Jenkins, M. M., Nappi, C. M., Clark, J., Lies, J., Norman, S. B., & Drummond, S. P. A. (2020). The impact of prolonged exposure on sleep and enhancing treatment outcomes with evidence-based sleep interventions: A pilot study. Psychological Trauma: Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy, 12(2), 175–185.
Weinberg, A., Kotov, R., & Proudfit, G. H. (2015). Neural indicators of error processing in generalized anxiety disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and major depressive disorder. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 124(1), 172–185.
Xu, Y., Towe, S. L., Causey, S. T., Dennis, P. A., & Meade, C. S. (2020). Effects of substance use on monetary delay discounting among people who use stimulants with and without HIV: An ecological momentary assessment study. Experimental and Clinical Psychopharmacology. Advance online publication.
Yang, C., Sharkey, J. D., Reed, L. A., Chen, C., & Dowdy, E. (2018). Bullying victimization and student engagement in elementary, middle, and high schools: Moderating role of school climate. School Psychology Quarterly, 33(1), 54–64.
- AHCCCS Tool Kit Workgroup. Tool Kit for the Management of Adult Anxiety. American Family Physicians, 1998; Adapted from the American Family Physician, 2007; Annals of Internal Medicine, March 2007, p. 317-325.
- American Academy of Pediatrics. (2012) Mental Health Screening and Assessment Tools for Primary Care. p. 1-20.
- Birmaher, MD, Boris; Suneeta Khetarpal, MD; Marlane Cully, MEd.; David Brent, MD; and Sandra McKenzie, PhD. Screen for Child Anxiety Related Disorders (SCARED) Child Version. Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, University of Pittsburgh and TN Department of Mental Health & Substance Abuse Services, February 2013, p. 445-453.
- Drug and Alcohol Services South Australia. Insomnia Management Kit Sleep Assessment. Drug and Alcohol Services South Australia, May 2017, p. 1-3.
- Education Development Center, Inc. and Screening for Mental Health, Inc. SuicideAssessment Five-step Evaluation and Triage for Mental Health Professionals. The SAMHSA-HRSA Center for Integrated Health Solutions (CIHS) and Education Development Center, Inc. and Screening for Mental Health, Inc., 2009, p. 1-2.
- Grisso, Thomas and Lee A. Underwood. Screening and Assessing Mental Health and Substance Use Disorders Among Youth in the Juvenile Justice System A Resource Guide for Practitioners. U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs and Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, December 2004, p. 1-5.
- Hamburger ME; Basile KC; and Vivolo AM. Measuring Bullying Victimization, Perpetration, and Bystander Experiences: A Compendium of Assessment Tools. Atlanta, GA: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, 2011, p. 1-3.
- Injury, Suicide and Violence Prevention Program - Virginia Department of Health. Abusive Head Trauma (Shaken Baby Syndrome) In Virginia, 2004-2008. Virginia injury Update, Vol. 4, Issue 3, October 2010, p. 1-6.
- McLaughlin, MD, MPH, Joe and Louisa Castrodale, DVM, MPH. Abusive Head Trauma among Children Aged < 2 Years - Alaska, 2005–2010. State of Alaska Epidemiology, Bulletin No. 23, November 2012, p. 1.
- Moturi, MD, MPH, Sricharan and Kristin Avis, PhD, CBSM. Assessment and Treatment of Common Pediatric Sleep Disorders. National Center for Biotechnology Information and Psychiatry, June 2010, p. 26
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH). Brief Suicide Safety Assessment. National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH), July 2017, p. 1-2.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. The Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test (AUDIT). National Institute on Drug Abuse and National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, 1-4.
- Posner, Ph.D., Kelly. Columbia-Suicide Severity Rating Scale. The SAMHSA-HRSA Center for Integrated Health Solutions (CIHS) and The Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc., 2008, p. 1-2.
- Samet, M.S.W., M.Phil, Sharon; Rachel Waxman, B.A.; Mark Hatzenbuehler, M.S., M.Phil.; and Deborah S. Hasin, Ph.D. Assessing Addiction: Concepts and Instruments. National Center for Biotechnology Information and Addiction Science & Clinical Practice, December 2007, p. 19-26.
- Sandia National Laboratories. Sleep Assessment. National Technology and Engineering Solutions of Sandia, LLC. and U.S. Department of Energy’s National Nuclear Security Administration, p. 1-8.
- Spitzer RL, Kroenke K; Williams JBW, Lowe B. A Brief Measure for Assessing generalized Anxiety Disorder. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) and Arch Inern Med., 2006, p 166.
- State of New Jersey, Department of Human Services, Division of Mental Health and Addictions Services. Trauma Informed Care - Trauma Assessment. State of New Jersey, Department of Human Services, Division of Mental Health and Addictions Services, p. 1-9.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). Older Americans Behavioral Health Issue Brief 6: Depression and Anxiety: Screening and Intervention. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Community Living, p. 1-5.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). Primary Care PTSD Screen (PC-PTSD), Prins, Ouimette, & Kimerling, 2003, p. 1.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Trauma-Informed Care in Behavioral Health Services. Treatment Improvement Protocol (TIP) Series 57. HHS Publication No. (SMA) 13-4801. Rockville, MD: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, 2014, p. 105-109.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. A Journalist’s Guide to Shaken Baby Syndrome: A Preventable Tragedy. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, p. 4-6.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Preventing Shaken BaBy Syndrome - A Guide for Health Departments and Community-Based Organizations. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, p. 6-8. 18-19.
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. GAD-7 Assessment. U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, p. 1-4.
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Traumatic Events Screening Inventory -Parent Report Revised (TESTI-PRR). U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, p. 1-5.
- Wehry, Anna M.; Katja Beesdo-Baum; Meghann M. Hennelly; Sucheta D. Connolly; and Jeffrey R. Strawn. Assessment and Treatment of Anxiety Disorders in Children and Adolescents. National Center for Biotechnology Information and Curr Psychiatry Rep., July 2015 p. 1-6.