Healthcare Training Institute - Quality Education since 1979
CE for Psychologist, Social Worker, Counselor, & MFT!!
Peer-Reviewed Journal Article References:
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy. (2015, January 1). Code of Ethics. Retrieved from http://www.aamft.org/iMIS15/AAMFT/Content/Legal_Ethics/Code_of_Ethics.aspx
- American Counseling Association. (2014). ACA Code of Ethics. Retrieved from http://www.counseling.org/docs/ethics/2014-aca-code-of-ethics.pdf?sfvrsn=4
- American Psychological Association (APA). (2017, January 1). Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct. Retrieved from http://www.apa.org/ethics/code
- Bahraini, Nazanin H.; Brenner, Lisa A.; Harwood, Jeri E. F.; Homaifar, Beeta Y.; Ladley-O'Brien, Susan E.; Filley, Christopher M.; Kelly, James P.; Adler, Lawrence E., Utility of the Trauma Symptom Inventory for the Assessment of Post-Traumatic Stress Symptoms in Veterans With a History of Psychological Trauma and/or Brain Injury, Military Medicine, Oct. 2009, Vol. 174, Issue 10, p 1005-1010
- Barker, R. L. (1998). Milestones in the Development of Social Work and Social Welfare. Washington, DC: NASW Press. Rankin, Mary, JD employed by the Healthcare Training Institute to research and write the article Evolution of Social Work Ethics. Edited by Tracy Appleton, LCSW. The reference Barker, Robert L. Milestones in the Development of Social Work and Social Welfare. Washington, DC NASW Press, 1998
- Bemecker, Samantha L. Helping Clients Help Themselves: Managing Ethical Concerns When Offering Guided Self-Help Interventions in Psychotherapy Practice. Professional Psychology: Research & Practice. Apr2014, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p111-119.
- Bishop, Melanie; Rosenstein, David; Bakelaar, Susanne; Seedat, Soraya. An analysis of early developmental trauma in social anxiety disorder and posttraumatic stress disorder. Annals of General Psychiatry. 2014, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1-24.
- Chalsma, H.W., The Chambers of Memory: PTSD in the Life Stories of U.S. Vietnam Veterans, Jason Aronson Inc.: New Jersey, 1998.
- Drožđek, Boris; Kamperman, Astrid M.; Tol, Wietse A.; Knipscheer, Jeroen W.; Kleber, Rolf J. Seven-Year Follow-Up Study of Symptoms in Asylum Seekers and Refugees With PTSD Treated With Trauma-Focused Groups Journal of Clinical Psychology. Apr2014, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p376-387.
- Geuze, Elbert; Vermetten, Eric; De Kloet, Carien S.; Hijman, Ron; Westenberg, Herman G. M., Neuropsychological performance is related to current social and occupational functioning in veterans with posttraumatic stress disorder, Depression & Anxiety, 2009, Vol. 26, Issue 1, p 7-16
- Henderson, Kathryn L. Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse: Considerations and Guidelines for Mental Health Counselors. Journal of Mental Health Counseling. Oct2013, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p296-309.
- Herman M.D., Judith Lewis, Trauma and Recover, Basic Books: New York, 1992.
- Kangas, Julie L.; Calvert, James D. Ethical Issues in Mental Health Background Checks for Firearm Ownership. Professional Psychology: Research & Practice. Feb2014, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p76-83.
- Kip, Kevin E.; Rosenzweig, Laney; Hernandez, Diego F.; Shuman, Amy; Sullivan, Kelly L.; Long, Christopher J.; Taylor, James; McGhee, Stephen; Girling, Sue Ann; Wittenberg, Trudy; Sahebzamani, Frances M.; Lengacher, Cécile A.; Kadel, Rajendra; Diamond, David M. Randomized Controlled Trial of Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART) for Symptoms of Combat-Related Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Military Medicine. Dec2013, Vol. 178 Issue 12, p1298-1309.
- Litt, Lisa. Clinical Decision Making in the Treatment of Complex PTSD and Substance Misuse. Journal of Clinical Psychology. May2013, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p534-542.
- Loewenberg, F. M., & Dolgoff, R. & Harrington, D. Ethical decisions for social work practice. Itasca, Illinois: F.E. Peacock., 2000.
- Loftus, Elizabeth PhD & Katherine Ketcham, The Myth of Repressed Memory, University of Chicago Press: Chicago, 2005.
- Mason, Patience, Recovering from the War: A Woman’s Guide to Helping Your Vietnam Vet, Your Family, and Yourself, Penguin Books: New York, 1990.
- Matsakis, PhD, Aphrodite, I Can’t Get Over It: A Handbook for Trauma Survivors, New Harbinger Publications, Inc: California, 1992.
- Moe, Cathrine; Kvig, Erling I; Brinchmann, Beate; Brinchmann, Berit S. Working behind the scenes’ An ethical view of mental health nursing and first-episode psychosis. Nursing Ethics. Aug2013, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p517-527.
- National Association of Social Workers. (2017). NASW Code of Ethics. Retrieved from https://www.socialworkers.org/About/Ethics/Code-of-Ethics/Code-of-Ethics-English
- National Board for Certified Counselors, Inc. and Affiliates. (2016, October 7). NBCC Code of Ethics. Retrieved from https://www.nbcc.org/Assets/Ethics/NBCCCodeofEthics.pdf
- Nickerson, Angela; Liddell, Belinda J.; Maccallum, Fiona; Steel, Zachary; Silove, Derrick; Bryant, Richard A. Posttraumatic stress disorder and prolonged grief in refugees exposed to trauma and loss. BMC Psychiatry. 2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1-19.
- Porterfield, Kay Marie, Straight Talk About… Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Facts on File: New York, 1996
- Reamer, F. G. The social work ethics audit: A risk-management strategy. Social Work, 2000, 45(4), 355-366.
- Reamer, Frederic G., Social Work Ethics Casebook: Cases and Commentary. Washington, DC: NASW Press, 2009
- Reamer, Frederic G., Social Work Malpractice and Liability: Strategies for Prevention, 2nd ed. (New York: Columbia University Press, 2003)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Social Work Values and Ethics, 3rd ed. (New York: Columbia University Press, 2006)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Ethical Standards in Social Work: A Review of the NASW Code of Ethics, 2nd ed. (Washington, DC: NASW Press, 2006)
- Reamer, Frederic G., The Social Work Ethics Audit: A Risk-management Tool (Washington, DC: NASW Press, 2001)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Tangled Relationships: Managing Boundaries in the Human Services (New York: Columbia University Press, 2001)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Ethics Education in Social Work (Alexandria, VA: Council on Social Work Education, 2001)
- Rothstein, Mark A., Tarasoff Duties after Newtown, Journal of Law, Medicine & Ethics. Spring2014, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p104-109.
- Sayer, Nina A.; Friedemann-Sanchez, Greta; Spoont, Michele; Murdoch, Maureen; Parker, Louise E.; Chiros, Christine; Rosenheck, Robert, A Qualitative Study of Determinants of PTSD Treatment Initiation in Veterans, Interpersonal & Biological Processes, Oct. 2009, Vol. 72, Issue 3, p 238- 265
- Schiraldi PhD, Glenn R., The Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Sourcebook, Lowell House: Los Angeles, 2000