|Healthcare Training Institute - Quality Education since 1979CE for Psychologist, Social Worker, Counselor, & MFT!!
Peer-Reviewed Journal Article References:
Cattaneo, L. B., & Chapman, A. R. (2010). The process of empowerment: A model for use in research and practice. American Psychologist, 65(7), 646–659.
Cook, J. A., Shore, S. E., Burke-Miller, J. K., Jonikas, J. A., Ferrara, M., Colegrove, S., Norris, W. T., Ruckdeschel, B., Batteiger, A. P., Ohrtman, M., Grey, D. D., & Hicks, M. E. (2010). Participatory action research to establish self-directed care for mental health recovery in Texas. Psychiatric Rehabilitation Journal, 34(2), 137–144.
Drum, K. B., & Littleton, H. L. (2014). Therapeutic boundaries in telepsychology: Unique issues and best practice recommendations. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 45(5), 309–315.
Gaasedelen, O. J. (2016). Ethical concerns in statistical analyses: Implications for clinical research and practice. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 47(3), 192–197.
Geldenhuys, H. (2019). Applied ethics in transpersonal and humanistic research. The Humanistic Psychologist, 47(2), 112–135.
Glebova, T., Foster, S. L., Cunningham, P. B., Brennan, P. A., & Whitmore, E. (2012). Examining therapist comfort in delivering family therapy in home and community settings: Development and evaluation of the Therapist Comfort Scale. Psychotherapy, 49(1), 52–61.
Goodman-Delahunty, J., & Martschuk, N. (2020). Mock jury and juror responses to uncharged acts of sexual misconduct: Advances in the assessment of unfair prejudice. Zeitschrift für Psychologie, 228(3), 199–209.
Goodman, L. A., Fauci, J. E., Sullivan, C. M., DiGiovanni, C. D., & Wilson, J. M. (2016). Domestic violence survivors’ empowerment and mental health: Exploring the role of the alliance with advocates. American Journal of Orthopsychiatry, 86(3), 286–296.
Jaques-Leonard, M. L., Winnick, J. B., Chancey, L. P., Golden, M. E., Gavazzi, J., Brehm, L., Heier, J., Wicoff, M., Rutt, C., & Hosterman, S. (2020). Small town living: Unique ethical challenges of rural pediatric integrated primary care. Clinical Practice in Pediatric Psychology. Advance online publication.
Johnson, J. F., & Connelly, S. (2016). Moral disengagement and ethical decision-making: The moderating role of trait guilt and shame. Journal of Personnel Psychology, 15(4), 184–189.
McCord, C. E., Elliott, T. R., Wendel, M. L., Brossart, D. F., Cano, M. A., Gonzalez, G. E., & Burdine, J. N. (2011). Community capacity and teleconference counseling in rural Texas. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 42(6), 521–527.
Moss, L. S. (2017). Collaboration, confidentiality, and care. Psychological Services, 14(4), 443–450
Nielsen, B. A. (2015). Confidentiality and electronic health records: Keeping up with advances in technology and expectations for access. Clinical Practice in Pediatric Psychology, 3(2), 175–178.
Pinner, D. H., & Kivlighan, D. M. III. (2018). The ethical implications and utility of routine outcome monitoring in determining boundaries of competence in practice. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 49(4), 247–254.
Richards, T. N. (2019). No evidence of “weaponized Title IX” here: An empirical assessment of sexual misconduct reporting, case processing, and outcomes. Law and Human Behavior, 43(2), 180–192.
Schank, J. A., Helbok, C. M., Haldeman, D. C., & Gallardo, M. E. (2010). Challenges and benefits of ethical small-community practice. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 41(6), 502–510.
Slone, N. C., & Owen, J. (2015). Therapist alliance activity, therapist comfort, and systemic alliance on individual psychotherapy outcome. Journal of Psychotherapy Integration, 25(4), 275–288.
Stauffer, S. D. (2019). Ethical use of drawings in play therapy: Considerations for assessment, practice, and supervision. International Journal of Play Therapy, 28(4), 183–194.
Stillwell, A., & Lowery, B. S. (2020). Gendered racial boundary maintenance: Social penalties for White women in interracial relationships. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology. Advance online publication.
Turchik, J. A., Karpenko, V., Hammers, D., & McNamara, J. R. (2007). Practical and ethical assessment issues in rural, impoverished, and managed care settings. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 38(2), 158–168.
Wallace, J. C., Johnson, P. D., Mathe, K., & Paul, J. (2011). Structural and psychological empowerment climates, performance, and the moderating role of shared felt accountability: A managerial perspective. Journal of Applied Psychology, 96(4), 840–850.
Wilson, J. M., Fauci, J. E., & Goodman, L. A. (2015). Bringing trauma-informed practice to domestic violence programs: A qualitative analysis of current approaches. American Journal of Orthopsychiatry, 85(6), 586–599.
- Abramson, M. (1996a). Reflections on knowing oneself ethically: Toward a working framework for social work practice. Families in Society, 77(4), 195-202.
- Brush, Janel J. (2005). Employed by Healthcare Training Institute to research and write the article Ethical Boundary Challenges Facing Therapists in a Small Town.
Bio - Janel Jean Brush, LISW, Jefferson, Iowa, with experience in domestic violence, Licensed Independent Social Worker currently working at an area education agency as a school social worker, work history as youth counselor for shelters and group homes, department of human service worker, and psychiatric technician.
- Daniels, Jill L. (2005). Employed by Healthcare Training Institute to research and write the article Setting the Boundary between Empowerment and Enabling.
Bio - Jill Daniels, LSCSW, Salina, Kansas, Jill has experience in residential youth care, community mental health, special education, general public education, and a group worker in a wilderness treatment program.
- Fisher, C. (Nov, 2004). Informed consent and clinical research involving children and adolescents: implications of the revised APA ethics code and HIPAA. Journal of Clinical Child & Adolescent Psychology, 33(4).
- Gartrell, N. (2002). Boundaries in Lesbian Therapy Relationships. Women and Therapy, 29-50.
- Isaac, N. E. & Enos, V. P. (2001). Documenting Domestic Violence: How Health Care Providers Can Help Victims. U.S. Department of Justice.
- Ozair, F. F., Jamshed, N., Sharma, A., & Aggarwal, P. (2015 apr-jun). Ethical issues in electronic health records: A general overview. Perspectives in Clinical Research, 6(2), 73-76. doi:10.4103/2229-3485.153997
- Penfold, P. S. (1998). Sexual abuse by health professionals: A personal search for meaning and healing. Toronto: University of Toronto Press.
- Plaut, S. M., Brown, J. K., Brancu, M., Wilbur, R. C., & Rios, K. (2013). Characteristics of Health Professionals in a Mandated Ethics Tutorial After Violating Sexual Boundaries with Patients. Journal of Health Care Law & Policy, 16(2), 353-374.
- Schoener, GR. (1997). Boundaries in Group Therapy: Ethical and Practice Issues. In Women and Group Psychotherapy. New York: Builford Press.
- Stone, M. (1999). Boundary Violations between Therapist and Patient. Psychiatric Annals, 670(7).
- Texas Administrative Code. (2018). Chapter 681 Subchapter C Code of Ethics. TAC RULE §681.42 Sexual Misconduct. Retrieved January 21, 2019, from http://texreg.sos.state.tx.us/public/readtac$ext.TacPage?sl=R&app=9&p_dir=&p_rloc=&p_tloc=&p_ploc=&pg=1&p_tac=&ti=22&pt=30&ch=681&rl=42
- Texas Administrative Code. (2018). Chapter 681 Subchapter C Code of Ethics. TAC RULE §681.45 Confidentiality and Required Reporting. Retrieved January 21, 2019, from http://texreg.sos.state.tx.us/public/readtac$ext.TacPage?sl=R&app=9&p_dir=&p_rloc=&p_tloc=&p_ploc=&pg=1&p_tac=&ti=22&pt=30&ch=681&rl=45
- Texas Administrative Code. (2018). Chapter 681 Subchapter C Code of Ethics. TAC RULE §681.50 Research and Publications. Retrieved January 21, 2019, from http://texreg.sos.state.tx.us/public/readtac$ext.TacPage?sl=T&app=9&p_dir=N&p_rloc=164854&p_tloc=&p_ploc=1&pg=5&p_tac=&ti=22&pt=30&ch=681&rl=46