|Healthcare Training Institute - Quality Education since 1979CE for Psychologist, Social Worker, Counselor, & MFT!!
- Alaszewski A; Alaszewski H; Potter J; Disability And Rehabilitation, 2004 Sep 16; Vol. 26 (18), pp. 1067-78.
- American heart association, family guide to stroke; Random House: New York 1994
- Bennett, Emily; English, Martin William; Rennoldson, Michael; Starza-Smith, Arleta. Predicting parenting stress in caregivers of children with brain tumours. Psycho-Oncology. Mar2013, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p629-636. 8p. 1 Diagram, 4 Charts, 1 Graph. DOI: 10.1002/pon.3047.
- Biermann, June and Barbara Toohey; The Stroke Book; Penguin Group: New York; 2005
- Burton, Christopher. Journal of Advanced Nursing, Aug2000, Vol. 32 Issue 2
- Burton, Christopher. Journal of Advanced Nursing, Sep2000, Vol. 32 Issue 3
- Chittem, Mahati. Understanding coping with cancer: How can qualitative research help? Journal of Cancer Research & Therapeutics. Jan-Mar2014, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p6-10. 5p. DOI: 10.4103/0973-1482.131328.
- Czernuszenko, Anna; Członkowska, Anna; Risk factors for falls in stroke patients during inpatient rehabilitation; Clinical Rehabilitation; Feb. 2009; Vol. 23; Issue 2; p 176-1988
- Ellis-Hill, C.; Robison, J.; Wiles, R.; McPherson, K.; Hyndman, D.; Ashburn, A.; Going home to get on with life: Patients and carers experiences of being discharged from hospital following a stroke; Disability & Rehabilitation, 2009, Vol 31 Issue 2
- Hopper, Tammy; Bourgeois, Michelle; Pimentel, Jane; Qualls, Constance Dean; Hickey, Ellen; Frymark, Tobi; Schooling, Tracy. An Evidence-Based Systematic Review on Cognitive Interventions for Individuals With Dementia. American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology. Feb2013, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p126-145. 20p. 3 Charts. DOI: 10.1044/1058-0360(2012/11-0137).
- Huff, W.; Cooper-Mahkorn, D.; Sitzer, M.. Current Medical Literature: Stroke Review, 2004, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p41-50, 10p
- Kydd, Angela; Touhy, Theris; Newman, David; Fagerberg, Ingegerd; Engstrom, Gabriella. Attitudes towards caring for older people in Scotland, Sweden and the United States. Nursing Older People. Mar2014, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p33-40. 8p.
- Litzelman, Kristin; Barker, Emily; Catrine, Kristine; Puccetti, Diane; Possin, Peggy; Witt, Whitney P. Socioeconomic disparities in the quality of life in children with cancer or brain tumors: the mediating role of family factors. Psycho-Oncology. May2013, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p1081-1088. 8p. 1 Diagram, 3 Charts. DOI: 10.1002/pon.3113.
- Min, Lillian; Wenger, Neil; Walling, Anne M.; Blaum, Caroline; Cigolle, Christine; Ganz, David A.; Reuben, David; Shekelle, Paul; Roth, Carol; Kerr, Eve A. When Comorbidity, Aging, and Complexity of Primary Care Meet: Development and Validation of the Geriatric CompleXity of Care Index. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society. Apr2013, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p542-550. 9p. 1 Diagram, 3 Charts. DOI: 10.1111/jgs.12160.
- National Institute of Mental Health. (2011). Depression and Stroke. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Ouimet, M.A.; Primeau, F.; Cole, M.G.. Canadian Journal of Psychiatry, Nov2001, Vol. 46 Issue 9
- Pocnet, Cornelia; Rossier, Jérôme; Antonietti, Jean-Philippe; Gunten, Armin. Personality traits and behavioral and psychological symptoms in patients at an early stage of Alzheimer's disease. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry. Mar2013, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p276-283. 8p. 2 Charts, 2 Graphs. DOI: 10.1002/gps.3822.
- Quinn, Catherine; Anderson, Daniel; Toms, Gill; Whitaker, Rhiannon; Edwards, Rhiannon Tudor; Jones, Carys; Clare, Linda. Self-management in early-stage dementia: a pilot randomised controlled trial of the efficacy and cost-effectiveness of a self-management group intervention (The SMART study). Trials. 2014, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p1-18. 18p. 1 Chart. DOI: 10.1186/1745-6215-15-74.
- Reed, Mary; Harrington, Rachel; Duggan, Áine; Wood, Victorine A.; Meeting stroke survivors' perceived needs: a qualitative study of a community-based exercise and education scheme; Clinical Rehabilitation; Jan. 2010; Vol. 24; Issue 1; p 16-25
- Rehabilitation Outcomes Research Center. Depression After Stroke. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Rosenberg, Abby R.; Baker, K. Scott; Syrjala, Karen L.; Back, Anthony L.; Wolfe, Joanne. Promoting Resilience among Parents and Caregivers of Children with Cancer. Journal of Palliative Medicine. Jun2013, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p645-652. 8p. 1 Diagram, 3 Charts. DOI: 10.1089/jpm.2012.0494.
- Salbach, Nancy M.; Veinot, Paula; Rappolt, Susan; Bayley, Mark; Burnett, Dawn; Judd, Maria; Jaglal, Susan B.; Physical Therapists' Experiences Updating the Clinical Management of Walking Rehabilitation After Stroke: A Qualitative Study; Physical Therapy; June 2009; Vol. 89; Issue 6; p 556- 568
- Sife PhD, Wallace; After Stroke: Enhancing the quality of life; The Haworth Press, Inc: New York; 1998
- Sprigg, Nikola; Bath, Philip M.W.; Speeding stroke recovery?: A systematic review of amphetamine after stroke; Journal of the Neurological Sciences, October 2009, Vol 285 Issue 1-
- Szabo, Liz; @LizSzabo; USA TODAY. 'My Parent Has Cancer' helps kids deal with the unthinkable. USA Today. 04/15/2013.
- Weiner, Florence; Matthew Lee MD FACP, Harriet Bell PhD; Recovering at home after a stroke; Perigee: New York 1994
- Williams, C. L., Rittman, M. R., Boylstein, C., Faircloth, C., and Haijing, Q. (2005). Qualitative and quantitative measurment of depression in veterans recovering from stroke. Journal of Rehabilittaion Research & Development, 3(42). p. 277-290.
- White MA; Johnstone AS; Disability And Rehabilitation 2000 Feb 15; Vol. 22 (3), pp. 140-3
- Coordinating Author/Instructor: Tracy Appleton, LCSW, MEd