|Healthcare Training Institute - Quality Education since 1979CE for Psychologist, Social Worker, Counselor, & MFT!!
Peer-Reviewed Journal Article References:
Barahona, C., DuBard, M., Luiselli, J. K., & Kesterson, J. (2013). School-based feeding intervention to increase variety and quantity of foods consumed by an adolescent with autism. Clinical Practice in Pediatric Psychology, 1(4), 361–368.
Barnard-Brak, L., Richman, D. M., Chesnut, S. R., & Little, T. D. (2016). Social Communication Questionnaire scoring procedures for autism spectrum disorder and the prevalence of potential social communication disorder in ASD. School Psychology Quarterly, 31(4), 522–533.
Birmingham, E., Johnston, K. H. S., & Iarocci, G. (2017). Spontaneous gaze selection and following during naturalistic social interactions in school-aged children and adolescents with autism spectrum disorder. Canadian Journal of Experimental Psychology/Revue canadienne de psychologie expérimentale, 71(3), 243–257.
Blackman, A. L., Jimenez-Gomez, C., & Shvarts, S. (2020). Comparison of the efficacy of online versus in-vivo behavior analytic training for parents of children with autism spectrum disorder. Behavior Analysis: Research and Practice, 20(1), 13–23.
Bowler, D. M., Poirier, M., Martin, J. S., & Gaigg, S. B. (2016). Nonverbal short-term serial order memory in autism spectrum disorder. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 125(7), 886–893.
Cavalari, R. N. S., DuBard, M., Luiselli, J. K., & Birtwell, K. (2013). Teaching an adolescent with autism and intellectual disability to tolerate routine medical examination: Effects of a behavioral compliance training package. Clinical Practice in Pediatric Psychology, 1(2), 121–128.
Field, T. (2017). Imitation enhances social behavior of children with autism spectrum disorder: A review. Behavioral Development Bulletin, 22(1), 86–93.
Garbacz, S. A., McIntyre, L. L., & Santiago, R. T. (2016). Family involvement and parent–teacher relationships for students with autism spectrum disorders. School Psychology Quarterly, 31(4), 478–490.
Gliga, T., Senju, A., Pettinato, M., Charman, T., Johnson, M. H., & The BASIS Team. (2014). Spontaneous belief attribution in younger siblings of children on the autism spectrum. Developmental Psychology, 50(3), 903–913.
Gordon, K., Pasco, G., McElduff, F., Wade, A., Howlin, P., & Charman, T. (2011). A communication-based intervention for nonverbal children with autism: What changes? Who benefits? Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 79(4), 447–457.
Guest, J. D., & Ohrt, J. H. (2018). Utilizing child-centered play therapy with children diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder and endured trauma: A case example. International Journal of Play Therapy, 27(3), 157–165.
Harris, B., McClain, M. B., Haverkamp, C. R., Cruz, R. A., Benallie, K. J., & Benney, C. M. (2019). School-based assessment of autism spectrum disorder among culturally and linguistically diverse children. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 50(5), 323–332.
Hassan, M., Thomson, K. M., Khan, M., Burnham Riosa, P., & Weiss, J. A. (2017). Behavioral skills training for graduate students providing cognitive behavior therapy to children with autism spectrum disorder. Behavior Analysis: Research and Practice, 17(2), 155–165.
Hiles Howard, A. R., Lindaman, S., Copeland, R., & Cross, D. R. (2018). Theraplay impact on parents and children with autism spectrum disorder: Improvements in affect, joint attention, and social cooperation. International Journal of Play Therapy, 27(1), 56–68.
Hillman, H. (2018). Child-centered play therapy as an intervention for children with autism: A literature review. International Journal of Play Therapy, 27(4), 198–204.
Johnson, N., Frenn, M., Feetham, S., & Simpson, P. (2011). Autism spectrum disorder: Parenting stress, family functioning and health-related quality of life. Families, Systems, & Health, 29(3), 232–252.
Kane, M., Connell, J. E., & Pellecchia, M. (2010). A quantitative analysis of language interventions for children with autism. The Behavior Analyst Today, 11(2), 128–144.
Kasari, C., Gulsrud, A., Paparella, T., Hellemann, G., & Berry, K. (2015). Randomized comparative efficacy study of parent-mediated interventions for toddlers with autism. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 83(3), 554–563.
Lovett, S., & Rehfeldt, R. A. (2014). An evaluation of multiple exemplar instruction to teach perspective-taking skills to adolescents with Asperger Syndrome. Behavioral Development Bulletin, 19(2), 22–36.
MacCormack, J. (2019). Part 1: Why child-centered play therapists should care about play-based social interventions for youth with ASD. International Journal of Play Therapy, 28(3), 157–167.
Müller, E., & Donley, C. (2019). Measuring the impact of a school-based, integrative approach to play therapy on students with autism and their classroom instructors. International Journal of Play Therapy, 28(3), 123–132.
Paquette-Smith, M., Weiss, J., & Lunsky, Y. (2014). History of suicide attempts in adults with Asperger syndrome. Crisis: The Journal of Crisis Intervention and Suicide Prevention, 35(4), 273–277.
Pelaez, M. (2017). Autism and other child developmental disorders: Early behavior-analytic interventions. Behavioral Development Bulletin, 22(1), 1–3.
Peterson, C., Slaughter, V., Moore, C., & Wellman, H. M. (2016). Peer social skills and theory of mind in children with autism, deafness, or typical development. Developmental Psychology, 52(1), 46–57.
Rispoli, K. M., Lee, G. K., Nathanson, E. W., & Malcolm, A. L. (2019). The parent role in school-based teams for adolescents with autism spectrum disorder. School Psychology, 34(4), 458–467.
Rispoli, K. M., Mathes, N. E., & Malcolm, A. L. (2019). Characterizing the parent role in school-based interventions for autism: A systematic literature review. School Psychology, 34(4), 444–457.
Samson, A. C., Huber, O., & Gross, J. J. (2012). Emotion regulation in Asperger's syndrome and high-functioning autism. Emotion, 12(4), 659–665.
Simeone-Russell, R. (2011). A practical approach to implementing theraplay for children with autism spectrum disorder. International Journal of Play Therapy, 20(4), 224–235.
Speckman, J., Longano, J. M., & Syed, N. (2017). The effects of conditioning three-dimensional stimuli on identity matching and imitative responses in young children with autism spectrum disorder. Behavioral Development Bulletin, 22(1), 111–128.
Strunk, J. A., Pickler, R., McCain, N. L., Ameringer, S., & Myers, B. J. (2014). Managing the health care needs of adolescents with autism spectrum disorder: The parents’ experience. Families, Systems, & Health, 32(3), 328–337.
Winder, B. M., Wozniak, R. H., Parladé, M. V., & Iverson, J. M. (2013). Spontaneous initiation of communication in infants at low and heightened risk for autism spectrum disorders. Developmental Psychology, 49(10), 1931–1942.
Wang, Q., Hoi, S. P., Wang, Y., Lam, C. M., Fang, F., & Yi, L. (2020). Gaze response to others’ gaze following in children with and without autism. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 129(3), 320–329.
Yi, H., Siu, Q. K. Y., Ngan, O. M. Y., & Chan, D. F. Y. (2020). Parents’ experiences of screening, diagnosis, and intervention for children with autism spectrum disorder. American Journal of Orthopsychiatry, 90(3), 297–311.
- A Survival Guide to Parenting Teens: Talking to Your Kids About Sexting, Drinking, Drugs, and Other Things That Freak You Out. Publishers Weekly. 4/21/2014, Vol. 261 Issue 16, p73-73.
- Carnahan, Christi Shobana Musti-Rao & Jody Bailey, Promoting Active Engagement in Small Group Learning Experiences for Students with Autism and Significant Learning Needs, Education & Treatment of Children, Feb. 2009, Vol. 32, Issue 1, p 37
- Elder, Jennifer Harrison & Tina D’Alessandro, Supporting Families of Children With Autism Spectrum Disorders: Questions Parents Ask and What Nurses Need to Know, Pediatric Nursing, Aug. 2009, Vol. 35, Issue 4, p 240-246
- Ellawadi, Allison Bean; Weismer, Susan Ellis. Assessing Gestures in Young Children With Autism Spectrum Disorder. Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research. Apr2014, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p524-531.
- Fein, Deborah; Barton, Marianne; Eigsti, Inge-Marie; Kelley, Elizabeth; Naigles, Letitia; Schultz, Robert T.; Stevens, Michael; Helt, Molly; Orinstein, Alyssa; Rosenthal, Michael; Troyb, Eva; Tyson, Katherine. Optimal outcome in individuals with a history of autism. Journal of Child Psychology & Psychiatry. Feb2013, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p195-205.
- Franco, Jessica H.; Davis, Barbara L.; Davis, John L. Increasing Social Interaction Using Prelinguistic Milieu Teaching With Nonverbal School-Age Children With Autism. American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology. Aug2013, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p489-502.
- Hoder, Randye. Give Parents a Break: Making the Case for Supervised Teen Drinking Time.com. 10/25/2013, p1-1.
- How to Spot Drug and Alcohol Use in Teens: Guide for Parents. Brown University Child & Adolescent Behavior Letter. May2013 Supplement, Vol. 29, p1-2.
- Koegel, Robert, Koegel, Lynn & Erin McNerney; Pivotal areas in intervention for autism; Journal of Clinical Child Psychology; Fall 2001, Vol. 30, Issue 1.
- Koegel, LK; Interventions to facilitate communication in autism; Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, Oct. 2000, Vol. 30.
- Koul, Rajinder, Schlosser, Ralf & Sherry Sancibrian, Effects of symbol, referent, and instructional variables on the acquisition of aided and unaided symbols by individuals with autism spectrum disorders, Focus on Autism & Other Developmental Disabilities, fall 2001, Vol. 16, Issue 3.
- Labor Code of the State of California. Schedule for
Rating Permanent Disabilities. State of California. January 2005.
- Masse Joshua J.; Cheryl B. McNeil; Stephanie M. Wagner; & Daniel B. Chorney. Parent-Child Interaction Therapy and High Functioning Autism: A Conceptual Overview, JEIBI, p714-735.
- Mirenda, Pat, Autism, augmentative communication, and assistive technology: what do we really know?, Focus on Autism & Other Developmental Disabilities, Fall 2001, Vol. 16, Issue 3.
- Nigam, Ravi; Dynamic assessment of graphic symbol combinations by children with autism; Focus on Autism & Other Developmental Disabilities, Fall 2001, Vol. 16, Issue 3.
- Ogletree, Billy & William Harn, Augmentative and alternative communications for persons with autism: history, issues, and unanswered questions, Focus on Autism & Other Developmental Disabilities, Fall 2001, Vol. 16, Issue 3.
- Rogers, SJ, Interventions that facilitate socialization in children with autism, Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, Oct. 2000 Vol. 30.
- Russo, Francine. Is Your Teen a Night Owl? That Could Explain His Poor Grades. Time.com. 11/15/2013, p1-1.
- Sansosti, Frank, Powell-Smith, Kelly & Donald Kincaid, A research synthesis of social story interventions for children with autism spectrum disorders, Focus on Autism & Other Developmental Disabilities, Winter 2004, Vol. 19, Issue 4.
- Schoen, Alexis, What potential does the applied behavior analysis approach have for the treatment of children and youth with autism, Journal of Instructional Psychology, June 2003, Vol. 30, Issue 2.
- Shore, Stephen, Screening, The language of music: working with children on the autism spectrum; Journal of Education; 2002; Vol. 183; Issue 2.
- Smith, Adam, The empathy imbalance hypothesis of autism: a theoretical approach to cognitive and emotional empathy in autistic development; Psychological Record, July 2009, Vol. 59, Issue 3, p 489
- Smith, Julianne. Got Teens? The Doctor Moms' Guide to Sexuality, Social Media and Other Adolescent Realities. Library Journal. 5/15/2014, Vol. 139 Issue 9, p61-61.
- Srinivasan, Sudha M.; Pescatello, Linda S.; Bhat, Anjana N. Current Perspectives on Physical Activity and Exercise Recommendations for Children and Adolescents With Autism Spectrum Disorders. Physical Therapy. Jun2014, Vol. 94 Issue 6, p875-889.
- Vanderbilt Evidence-based Practice Center. (2014). Therapies for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder: Behavioral Interventions Update. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.
- Wacker, David; Lee, John; Padilla Dalmau, Yaniz; Kopelman, Todd; Lindgren, Scott; Kuhle, Jennifer; Pelzel, Kelly; Dyson, Shannon; Schieltz, Kelly; Waldron, Debra. Conducting Functional Communication Training via Telehealth to Reduce the Problem Behavior of Young Children with Autism. Journal of Developmental & Physical Disabilities. Feb2013, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p35-48.