|Healthcare Training Institute - Quality Education since 1979CE for Psychologist, Social Worker, Counselor, & MFT!!
- Abramson, M. Reflections on knowing oneself ethically: Toward a working framework for social work practice. Families in Society, 1996a, 77(4), 195-202.
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy. (2015, January 1). Code of Ethics. Retrieved from http://www.aamft.org/iMIS15/AAMFT/Content/Legal_Ethics/Code_of_Ethics.aspx
- American Counseling Association. (2014). ACA Code of Ethics. Retrieved from http://www.counseling.org/docs/ethics/2014-aca-code-of-ethics.pdf?sfvrsn=4
- American Psychological Association (APA). (2017, January 1). Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct. Retrieved from http://www.apa.org/ethics/code
- Arredondo, Patricia et al..; Operationalism of the multicultural counseling competencies; Journal of Multicultural Counseling & Development; Jan 1996; Vol. 24, Issue 1.
- Atkinson, D.R., Morten, G., & Sue, D. W. Counseling American Minorities: A Cross-Cultural Perspective. Dubuque, Iowa: W.C. Brown, 1979.
- Barker, R. L. (1998). Milestones in the Development of Social Work and Social Welfare. Washington, DC: NASW Press. Rankin, Mary, JD employed by the Healthcare Training Institute to research and write the article Evolution of Social Work Ethics. Edited by Tracy Appleton, LCSW. The reference Barker, Robert L. Milestones in the Development of Social Work and Social Welfare. Washington, DC NASW Press, 1998.
- Bemecker, Samantha L. Helping Clients Help Themselves: Managing Ethical Concerns When Offering Guided Self-Help Interventions in Psychotherapy Practice. Professional Psychology: Research & Practice. Apr2014, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p111-119.
- Burton, Stephen; Furr, Susan. Conflict in Multicultural Classes: Approaches to Resolving Difficult Dialogues. Counselor Education & Supervision. Jun2014, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p97-110.
- Canfield, Brian S., Low, Lor., and Hovestadt, Alan; Cultural Immersion as a Learning Method for Expanding Intercultural Competencies; Family Journal; 2009-10; Vol. 17, Issue 4.
- Carter, Les & Minirth, Frank. The Anger Workbook. Nashville: Thomas Nelson Publishers. 1993.
- Chao, Ruth Chu-Lien. Race/Ethnicity and Multicultural Competence Among School Counselors: Multicultural Training, Racial/Ethnic Identity, and Color-Blind Racial Attitudes. Journal of Counseling & Development. Apr2013, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p140-151.
- Collins, B.E. Social Psychology. Reading, Mass.: Addison-Wesley, 1970.
- Hanna, Fred J.; Cardona, Betty. Multicultural Counseling Beyond the Relationship: Expanding the Repertoire With Techniques. Journal of Counseling & Development. Jul2013, Vol. 91 Issue 3, p349-357.
- Hansen, James T.; Counseling and Psychoanalysis: Advancing the Value of Diversity; Journal of Multicultural Counseling & Development; 2010-01; Vol. 38, Issue 1.
- Henderson, Kathryn L. Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse: Considerations and Guidelines for Mental Health Counselors. Journal of Mental Health Counseling. Oct2013, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p296-309.
- Herring, Roger D.; Developing biracial ethnic identity: a review of the increasing dilemma ; Journal of Multicultural Counseling & Development; Jan 1995, Vol. 23. Issue 1.
- Ivey, A., & Authier, J. Microcounseling. Springfield, Ill.: Charles C. Thomas, 1978.
- Johnson, Jennifer M.; Lambie, Glenn W. Ethnic Identity and Social-Cognitive Maturity in a Multicultural Group Experience. Counselor Education & Supervision. Sep2013, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p193-206.
- Kagnici, Dilek Yelda. Reflections of a Multicultural Counseling Course: A Qualitative Study with Counseling Students and Counselors. Educational Sciences: Theory & Practice. 2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p53-62.
- Kangas, Julie L.; Calvert, James D. Ethical Issues in Mental Health Background Checks for Firearm Ownership. Professional Psychology: Research & Practice. Feb2014, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p76-83.
- Loewenberg, F. M., & Dolgoff, R. & Harrington, D. Ethical decisions for social work practice. Itasca, Illinois: F.E. Peacock., 2000.
- Moe, Cathrine; Kvig, Erling I; Brinchmann, Beate; Brinchmann, Berit S. Working behind the scenes’ An ethical view of mental health nursing and first-episode psychosis. Nursing Ethics. Aug2013, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p517-527.
- National Association of Social Workers. (2017). NASW Code of Ethics. Retrieved from https://www.socialworkers.org/About/Ethics/Code-of-Ethics/Code-of-Ethics-English
- National Board for Certified Counselors, Inc. and Affiliates. (2016, October 7). NBCC Code of Ethics. Retrieved from https://www.nbcc.org/Assets/Ethics/NBCCCodeofEthics.pdf
- Poston, Carlos, Craine, Micael, & Donald Atkinson; Counselor dissimilarity confrontation, client cultural mistrust, and willingness to self-disclose; Journal of Multicultural Counseling & Development; Apr 1991, Vol. 19, Issue 2.
- Reamer, F. G. The social work ethics audit: A risk-management strategy. Social Work, 2000, 45(4), 355-366. .
- Reamer, Frederic G., Social Work Ethics Casebook: Cases and Commentary. Washington, DC: NASW Press, 2009
- Reamer, Frederic G., Social Work Malpractice and Liability: Strategies for Prevention, 2nd ed. (New York: Columbia University Press, 2003)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Social Work Values and Ethics, 3rd ed. (New York: Columbia University Press, 2006)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Ethical Standards in Social Work: A Review of the NASW Code of Ethics, 2nd ed. (Washington, DC: NASW Press, 2006)
- Reamer, Frederic G., The Social Work Ethics Audit: A Risk-management Tool (Washington, DC: NASW Press, 2001)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Tangled Relationships: Managing Boundaries in the Human Services (New York: Columbia University Press, 2001)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Ethics Education in Social Work (Alexandria, VA: Council on Social Work Education, 2001)
- Roaten, Gail K.and Schmidt, Eric A.; Using Experiential Activities with Adolescents to Promote Respect for Diversity; Professional School Counseling; 2009-04; Vol. 12, Issue 4.
- Rothstein, Mark A., Tarasoff Duties after Newtown, Journal of Law, Medicine & Ethics. Spring2014, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p104-109.
- Salzman, Michael; Attributional discrepancies and bias in cross-cultural interactions; Journal of Multicultural Counseling & Development; Jul 1995; Vol. 23. Issue 3.
- Schmedinghoff, G.J. Counseling the Black student in higher education. Is it racial, socioeconomic, or human question? Journal of College Student Personnel, 1977, 472-477.
- Sciarra, Daniel T..; Intrafamilial separations in the immigrant family: implications for cross-cultural counseling, Journal of Multicultural Counseling & Development; Jan 1999; Vol. 27. Issue 1.
- Seligman, M.E.P. Helplessness: On Depression, Development, and Death. San Francisco: Freeman, 1975.
- Sue, Derald Wing. "Counseling the Culturally Different: Theory and Practice." John Wiley & Sons. New York. 1981
- Vontress, Clemmont; A personal retrospective on cross-cultural counseling; Journal of Multicultural Counseling & Development; Jul 1996; Vol. 24, Issue 3.
- Vontress, C. E. Racial and ethnic barriers in counseling. In P. Pedersen, W.J. Lonner, & J.G. Draguns (Eds.), Counseling Across Cultures. Honolulu: East-West Center, 1976.
- Westwood, Marvin, Ishiyama, F.; The Communication Process as a Critical Intervention for Client Change in Cross-Cultural Counseling; Journal of Multicultural Counseling & Development; Oct 1990; Vol. 18, Issue 4.
- Yeh, CJ, Arora AK, Inose M, Okubo Y, Li RH, & P. Greene, The cultural adjustment and mental health of Japanese immigrant youth, Adolescence, Fall 2003, Vol. 38, Issue 151
- Coordinating Author/Instructor: Tracy Appleton, LCSW, MEd