|Healthcare Training Institute - Quality Education since 1979CE for Psychologist, Social Worker, Counselor, & MFT!!
- Abramson, M. Reflections on knowing oneself ethically: Toward a working framework for social work practice. Families in Society, 1996a, 77(4), 195-202.
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy. (2015, January 1). Code of Ethics. Retrieved from http://www.aamft.org/iMIS15/AAMFT/Content/Legal_Ethics/Code_of_Ethics.aspx
- American Counseling Association. (2014). ACA Code of Ethics. Retrieved from http://www.counseling.org/docs/ethics/2014-aca-code-of-ethics.pdf?sfvrsn=4
- American Psychiatric Association Resource Document; Psychotherapy Notes Provision of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Privacy Rule; No. 200201; 2002
- American Psychological Association (APA). (2017, January 1). Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct. Retrieved from http://www.apa.org/ethics/code
- Avery, Graham; Consent and confidentiality; Practice Nurse, November 2009, Vol 38 Issue 8, p34
- Barker, R. L. (1998). Milestones in the Development of Social Work and Social Welfare. Washington, DC: NASW Press. Rankin, Mary, JD employed by the Healthcare Training Institute to research and write the article Evolution of Social Work Ethics. Edited by Tracy Appleton, LCSW. The reference Barker, Robert L. Milestones in the Development of Social Work and Social Welfare. Washington, DC NASW Press, 1998
- Bemecker, Samantha L. Helping Clients Help Themselves: Managing Ethical Concerns When Offering Guided Self-Help Interventions in Psychotherapy Practice. Professional Psychology: Research & Practice. Apr2014, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p111-119.
- Bristol, Shirley T; Hicks, Rodney W. Protecting boundaries of consent in clinical research: Implications for improvement. Nursing Ethics. Feb2014, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p16-27.
- Chenoweth, Don; Privacy vs security in the HIPAA environment; Behavioral Health Management; Jul/Aug 2001; Vol. 21; Issue 4.
- DeMuro, Paul & Andrew Gantt; HIPAA privacy standards raise complex implementation issues; Healthcare Financial Management; Jan 2001; Vol. 55; Issue 1.
- Fisher, Celia; Informed consent and clinical research involving children and adolescents: implications of the revised APA ethics code and HIPAA; Journal of Clinical Child & Adolescent Psychology; Nov 2004; Vol. 33; Issue 4.
- Gillman, Peter B. Ph.D.; A New Era of Documentation in Psychiatry: Advice on Psychotherapy, Progress Notes; Behavioral Healthcare Tomorrow; Feb. 2004
- Gupta, Umesh Chandra. Informed consent in clinical research: Revisiting few concepts and areas. Perspectives in Clinical Research. Jan-Mar2013, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p26-32.
- Hecker, Lorna L.; Edwards, Anne B. The Impact of HIPAA and HITECH: New Standards for Confidentiality, Security, and Documentation for Marriage and Family Therapists. American Journal of Family Therapy. Mar/Apr2014, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p95-113.
- Henderson, Kathryn L. Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse: Considerations and Guidelines for Mental Health Counselors. Journal of Mental Health Counseling. Oct2013, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p296-309.
- Jackson, Kate; The Dark Side of HIPAA; Social Work Today; Vol. 4 No. 1 p.11
- Kangas, Julie L.; Calvert, James D. Ethical Issues in Mental Health Background Checks for Firearm Ownership. Professional Psychology: Research & Practice. Feb2014, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p76-83.
- Kuczynski, Kay & Patty Gibbs-Wahlberg; HIPAA the healthcare hippo: despite the rhetoric, is privacy still an issue?; Social Work; Jul 2005; Vol. 50; Issue 3.
- Legal Action Center expects confidentiality to be preserved. Alcoholism & Drug Abuse Weekly. 9/30/2013, Vol. 25 Issue 37, p3-4.
- Legal Services for Children. (2014). Emancipation Manual Questions and Answers about Emancipation for Teenagers.
- Loewenberg, F. M., & Dolgoff, R. & Harrington, D. Ethical decisions for social work practice. Itasca, Illinois: F.E. Peacock., 2000
- Moe, Cathrine; Kvig, Erling I; Brinchmann, Beate; Brinchmann, Berit S. Working behind the scenes’ An ethical view of mental health nursing and first-episode psychosis. Nursing Ethics. Aug2013, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p517-527.
- National Association of Social Workers. (2017). NASW Code of Ethics. Retrieved from https://www.socialworkers.org/About/Ethics/Code-of-Ethics/Code-of-Ethics-English
- National Board for Certified Counselors, Inc. and Affiliates. (2016, October 7). NBCC Code of Ethics. Retrieved from https://www.nbcc.org/Assets/Ethics/NBCCCodeofEthics.pdf
- Reamer, F. G. The social work ethics audit: A risk-management strategy. Social Work, 2000, 45(4), 355-366.
- Reamer, Frederic; Documentation in social work; evolving ethical and risk-management standards; Oct 2001; Vol. 50; Issue 4.
- Reamer, Frederic G., Social Work Ethics Casebook: Cases and Commentary. Washington, DC: NASW Press, 2009
- Reamer, Frederic G., Social Work Malpractice and Liability: Strategies for Prevention, 2nd ed. (New York: Columbia University Press, 2003)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Social Work Values and Ethics, 3rd ed. (New York: Columbia University Press, 2006)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Ethical Standards in Social Work: A Review of the NASW Code of Ethics, 2nd ed. (Washington, DC: NASW Press, 2006)
- Reamer, Frederic G., The Social Work Ethics Audit: A Risk-management Tool (Washington, DC: NASW Press, 2001)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Tangled Relationships: Managing Boundaries in the Human Services (New York: Columbia University Press, 2001)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Ethics Education in Social Work (Alexandria, VA: Council on Social Work Education, 2001)
- Richards, Margaret M; Electronic Medical Records: Confidentiality Issues in the Time of HIPAA; Professional Psychology: Research & Practice, December 2009, Vol 40 Issue 6, p550
- Rothstein, Mark A., Tarasoff Duties after Newtown, Journal of Law, Medicine & Ethics. Spring2014, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p104-109.
- Schwoebel, Camilla. Confidentiality: A Conundrum in Veterans Behavioral Health Care. Developments in Mental Health Law. Jan2013, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p1-4.
- Smith, Hugh; Notice of privacy practices; Mayo Clinic Bulletin; 2001.
- Walfish, Steven & Ducey, Bryan B; Readability Level of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act Notices of Privacy Practices Used by Psychologists in Clinical Practice; Professional Psychology: Research and Practice; Vol 38(2), Apr 2007. pp. 203-207
- Yennie, Henry; HIPAA: what does it mean for behavioral health; Behavioral Health Management; Jan/Feb 2001; Vol. 21; Issue 1.
- Ziel, Susan; Get on board with HIPAA privacy regulations; Nursing Management; Oct 2002; Vol. 33; Issue 10.
- Zulueta, Paquita de; Ethical and legal issues of confidentiality; General Practice Update, May 2009, Vol 2 Issue 5, p42
- Coordinating Author/Instructor: Tracy Appleton, LCSW, MEd