|Healthcare Training Institute - Quality Education since 1979CE for Psychologist, Social Worker, Counselor, & MFT!!
- Arterburn M.Ed., Stephen and David Stoop PhD; 130 Questions Children Ask About War and Terrorists; Tyndale House Publishers: Illinois; 2002
- Bay, Willow; Talking to Your Kids in Tough Times; Warner Books: New York, 2003
- Binetti, Ashley; A new Frontier: Human Trafficking and ISIS's Recruitment of Women from the West. Georgetown Institute for Women, Peace & Security, 2015, p1-8.
- Blanchard, Christopher; and Carla E. Humud; The Islamic State and U.S. Policy. Congressional Research Service, February 9, 2016, p1-39.
- Braun-Lewensohn, Orna; Celestin-Westreich, Smadar; Celestin, Leon-Patrice; Verleye, Gino; Verté, Dominique; Ponjaert-Kristoffersen, Ingrid; Coping styles as moderating the relationships between terrorist attacks and well-being outcomes; Journal of Adolescence, June 2009, Vol 32 Issue 3, p585
- Bruce, Gregor. Intrinsic and External Factors and Influences on the Motivation of Suicide Attackers. Journal of Military & Veterans' Health. Aug2013, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p27-33. 7p.
- Chibbaro, Julia S.; Jackson, C. Marie; Helping Students Cope in an Age of Terrorism: Strategies for School Counselors; Professional School Counseling, Apr2006, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p314-321
- Child Welfare Information Gateway. (2014). Parenting a child who has experienced trauma. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Children’s Bureau.
- Congressional Budget Office, The Veterans Health Administration’s Treatment of PTSD and Traumatic Brain Injury Among Recent Combat Veterans, Congress of the United States Congressional Budget Office, February 2012, p1-52.
- Cook-Cottone, Catherine; Childhood Posttraumatic Stress Disorder: Diagnosis, Treatment, and School Reintegration; School Psychology Review, 2004, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p127-139
- Dr. Gorka, Sebastian L. and Katherine C. Gorka; ISIS: The Threat to the United States. The Threat Knowledge Group, November 2015, p 1-20.
- Dubenetzky, Salome. Differential Diagnosis of Anxiety Disorders. Annals of Psychotherapy & Integrative Health. Summer2013, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p40-46. 7p. 2 Color Photographs, 3 Illustrations.
- Fassler M.D., David G. and Lynne S. Dumas; "Help me, I'm sad"; Viking: New York; 1997
- Fujiwara, T., Yagi, J., Homma, H., Mashiko, H., Nagao, K., Okuyama, M., for the Great East Japan Earthquake Follow-up for Children Study Team., Clinically significant behavior problems among young children 2 years after the Great East Japan earthquake., PLOS ONE, 9(10), e109342, 2014.
- Garfinkle, Adam; 9-11: What Should We Tell Our Children?; http://hnn.us/articles/958.html
- Gifford, Elizabeth V.; Tavakoli, Sara; Wang, Ruey; Hagedorn, Hildi J.; Hamlett-Berry, Kim W. Tobacco dependence diagnosis and treatment in Veterans Health Administration residential substance use disorder treatment programs. Addiction. Jun2013, Vol. 108 Issue 6, p1127-1135. 9p. 4 Charts. DOI: 10.1111/add.12105.
- Garbarino, James. Social Policy Report Children and Terrorism: sharing child and youth development knowledge volume 29, 2 2015
- Kaitz, Marsha; Levy, Mindy; Ebstein, Richard; Faraone, Stephen V.; Mankuta, David; The intergenerational effects of trauma from terror: A real possibility; Infant Mental Health Journal, April 2009, Vol 30 Issue 2, p158
- Kaminer, D., Seedat, S., & Stein, D. J. (2005). Post-traumatic stress disorder in children. World psychiatry : official journal of the World Psychiatric Association (WPA), 4(2), 121–125.
- Klein, Tovah P.; Devoe, Ellen R.; Miranda-Julian, Claudia; Linas, Keri; Young children's responses to September 11th: The New York City experience; Infant Mental Health Journal, February 2009, Vol 30 Issue 1, p1
- Koerner, Naomi; Antony, Martin; Young, Lisa; McCabe, Randi. Changes in Beliefs about the Social Competence of Self and Others Following Group Cognitive-Behavioral Treatment. Cognitive Therapy & Research. Apr2013, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p256-265. 10p. 3 Charts. DOI: 10.1007/s10608-012-9472-5.
- Kolk, Bessel; Najavits, Lisa M. Interview: What is PTSD Really? Surprises, Twists of History, and the Politics of Diagnosis and Treatment. Journal of Clinical Psychology. May2013, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p516-522. 7p. DOI: 10.1002/jclp.21992.
- Kousky. Carolyn. Impacts of Natural Disasters on Children. VOL. 26 NO. 1 2016
- LaGreca, Annette M.; Silverman, Wendy K.; Vernberg, Eric M.; and Michael C. Roberts (eds.); Helping Children Cope with Disasters and Terrorism; American Psychological Association: Washington, D.C.; 2002
- Landes, Sara J. The Case: Treating Jared Through Dialectical Behavior Therapy. Journal of Clinical Psychology. May2013, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p488-489. 2p. DOI: 10.1002/jclp.21984.
- Miller, Laurence; Psychotherapeutic Interventions for Survivors of Terrorism; American Journal of Psychotherapy, 2004, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p1-16
- Monahon Psy. D., Cynthia; Children and Trauma: A Parent's Guide to Helping Children Heal; Lexington Books: New York; 1993
- Nadkarni, Milan; Immediate Psychological Support for Children after a Disaster: A Concept; Internet Journal of Rescue & Disaster Medicine, 2007, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p2-2
- National Institute of Mental Health, Helping Children and Adolescents Cope with Violence and Disasters What Community Members Can Do. U.S. Department Of Health And Human Services National Institutes Of Health National Institute Of Mental Health Nih Publication No. 15–3519 Revised 2015.
- Øverlien, Carolina. The Children of Patriarchal Terrorism. Journal of Family Violence. Apr2013, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p277-287. 11p. DOI: 10.1007/s10896-013-9498-9.
- Peleg, Ora; Mass-Friedman, Michelle. Worry about terror among young adults living in ongoing security uncertainty. International Journal of Psychology. Jun2013, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p407-421. 15p. 2 Diagrams, 3 Charts. DOI: 10.1080/00207594.2012.656126.
- Peterson, Rebecca and Shawn Efran; CBS Broadcasting, Inc.; 2006; http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/09/08/60minutes/main1989753.shtml
- Schools and Terrorism; Journal of School Health, Feb2004, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p39-51
- Shermer, Michael. Five Myths of Terrorism. Scientific American. Aug2013, Vol. 309 Issue 2, p98-98. 1p. 7 Color Photographs. ,
- Suziedelis Bogle, Lara; Children and 9/11: Art Helping Kids Heal; National Geographic News; 9/10/02; http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2002/09/0910_kidsart_2.html
- The Threat Knowledge Group; The Islamic State and information Warfare: Defeating ISIS and the Broader. The Threat Knowledge Group, January, p 1-55.
- Tierney, June A.; Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder in Children: Controversies and Unresolved Issues; Journal of Child & Adolescent Psychiatric Nursing, Oct-Dec2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p147
- Viadero, Debra; Long After Katrina, Children Show Symptoms of Psychological Distress; Education Week, 4/11/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 32, p7
- Yih-Jiun Shen; Sink, Christopher A.; Helping Elementary-Age Children Cope with Disasters; Professional School Counseling, Jun2002, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p322
- Zantovsky, Michael. The Uncertainty of Freedom. World Affairs. May/Jun2014, Vol. 177 Issue 1, p67-75. 9p.
- Zinko, Carolyn; 9/11 Five Years Later: Kids Remember 9/11; The Chronicle; 9/9/06
- Coordinating Author/Instructor: Tracy Appleton, LCSW, MEd