|Healthcare Training Institute - Quality Education since 1979CE for Psychologist, Social Worker, Counselor, & MFT!!
Peer-Reviewed Journal Article References:
Amaro, C. M., Mitchell, T. B., Cordts, K. M. P., Borner, K. B., Frazer, A. L., Garcia, A. M., & Roberts, M. C. (2020). Clarifying supervision expectations: Construction of a clinical supervision contract as a didactic exercise for advanced graduate students. Training and Education in Professional Psychology, 14(3), 235–241.
Bedford, S., Repa, L., & Renouf, A. (2020). Supervision in interprofessional education: Benefits, challenges, and lessons learned. Journal of Psychotherapy Integration, 30(1), 16–24.
Chao, R. C.-L., Wei, M., Good, G. E., & Flores, L. Y. (2011). Race/ethnicity, color-blind racial attitudes, and multicultural counseling competence: The moderating effects of multicultural counseling training. Journal of Counseling Psychology, 58(1), 72–82.
Contrastano, C. M. (2020). Trainee’s perspective of reciprocal vulnerability and boundaries in supervision. Journal of Psychotherapy Integration, 30(1), 44–51.
Cook, R. M., McKibben, W. B., & Wind, S. A. (2018). Supervisee perception of power in clinical supervision: The Power Dynamics in Supervision Scale. Training and Education in Professional Psychology, 12(3), 188–195.
Cooper, L. D., & Wieckowski, A. T. (2017). A structured approach to reflective practice training in a clinical practicum. Training and Education in Professional Psychology, 11(4), 252–259.
Curtis, D. F., Elkins, S. R., Duran, P., & Venta, A. C. (2016). Promoting a climate of reflective practice and clinician self-efficacy in vertical supervision. Training and Education in Professional Psychology, 10(3), 133–140.
Danzi, B. A., Tawfik, S. H., Mora Ringle, V. A., & Saez-Flores, E. (2020). Enhancing profession-wide competencies in supervision and assessment: An evaluation of a peer mentorship approach. Training and Education in Professional Psychology, 14(3), 176–184.
Falender, C. A. (2018). Clinical supervision—the missing ingredient. American Psychologist, 73(9), 1240–1250.
Frølund, L., & Nielsen, J. (2009). The reflective meta-dialogue in psychodynamic supervision. Nordic Psychology, 61(4), 85–105.
Mackelprang, J. L., Karle, J., Reihl, K. M., & Cash, R. E. (G.). (2014). Suicide intervention skills: Graduate training and exposure to suicide among psychology trainees. Training and Education in Professional Psychology, 8(2), 136–142.
Mitchell, S. M., Taylor, N. J., Jahn, D. R., Roush, J. F., Brown, S. L., Ries, R., & Quinnett, P. (2020). Suicide-related training, self-efficacy, and mental health care providers’ reactions toward suicidal individuals. Crisis: The Journal of Crisis Intervention and Suicide Prevention. Advance online publication.
Patel, Z. S., Tarlow, N., & Tawfik, S. H. (2021). Assessment supervision during COVID-19 and beyond: Trainee perspectives on the supervision of teleassessment. Training and Education in Professional Psychology. Advance online publication.
Pope, K. S. (1987). Preventing therapist-patient sexual intimacy: Therapy for a therapist at risk. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 18(6), 624–628.
Reiser, R. P., & Milne, D. L. (2014). A systematic review and reformulation of outcome evaluation in clinical supervision: Applying the fidelity framework. Training and Education in Professional Psychology, 8(3), 149–157.
Schatten, H. T., Gaudiano, B. A., Primack, J. M., Arias, S. A., Armey, M. F., Miller, I. W., Epstein-Lubow, G., & Weinstock, L. M. (2020). Monitoring, assessing, and responding to suicide risk in clinical research. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 129(1), 64–69.
Sehgal, R., Saules, K., Young, A., Grey, M. J., Gillem, A. R., Nabors, N. A., Byrd, M. R., & Jefferson, S. (2011). Practicing what we know: Multicultural counseling competence among clinical psychology trainees and experienced multicultural psychologists. Cultural Diversity and Ethnic Minority Psychology, 17(1), 1–10.
Stanhope, D. S., Pond, S. B. III, & Surface, E. A. (2013). Core self-evaluations and training effectiveness: Prediction through motivational intervening mechanisms. Journal of Applied Psychology, 98(5), 820–831.
Summers, F. (2017). Sexual relationships between patient and therapist: Boundary violation or collapse of the therapeutic space? Psychoanalytic Psychology, 34(2), 175–181.
Sutter, E., McPherson, R. H., & Geeseman, R. (2002). Contracting for supervision. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 33(5), 495–498.
Thomas, J. T. (2007). Informed consent through contracting for supervision: Minimizing risks, enhancing benefits. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 38(3), 221–231.
Thompson, S. M. (2020). Responding to inappropriate client sexual behaviors: Perspectives on effective supervision. Journal of Psychotherapy Integration, 30(1), 122–129.
Vandette, M.-P., Jones, G., Gosselin, J., & Kogan, C. S. (2021). The role of the supervisory working alliance in experiential supervision-of-supervision training: A mixed design and multiple perspective study. Journal of Psychotherapy Integration. Advance online publication.
Veilleux, J. C., Schwartz-Mette, R. A., & Gregus, S. J. (2021). Development of the standardized supervisee framework as a novel approach to supervision training. Training and Education in Professional Psychology. Advance online publication.
Wilcox, M. M., Drinane, J. M., Black, S. W., Cabrera, L., DeBlaere, C., Tao, K. W., Hook, J. N., Davis, D. E., Watkins, C. E., & Owen, J. (2021). Layered cultural processes: The relationship between multicultural orientation and satisfaction with supervision. Training and Education in Professional Psychology. Advance online publication.
Worthington, R. L., & Dillon, F. R. (2011). Deconstructing multicultural counseling competencies research: Comment on Owen, Leach, Wampold, and Rodolfa (2011). Journal of Counseling Psychology, 58(1), 10–15.
- Center for Substance Abuse Treatment. Clinical Supervision and Professional Development of the Substance Abuse Counselor. Treatment Improvement Protocol (TIP) Series 52. HHS Publication No. (SMA) 144435. Rockville, MD: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, 2009.
- Cookson, Jen; Sloan, Graham; Dafters, Rebecca; Jahoda, Andrew. Provision of clinical supervision for staff working in mental health services. Mental Health Practice. Apr2014, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p29-34. 6p. 2 Charts, 2 Graphs
- Cournoyer, Barry; The Social Work Skills Workbook; Brooks/Cole: California; 2000
- Despenser, Sally. Getting the Most Out of Supervision. Healthcare Counselling & Psychotherapy Journal. Oct2013, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p28-31. 4p.
- Dupre, Madeleine; Echterling, Lennis G.; Meixner, Cara; Anderson, Robin; Kielty, Michele. Supervision Experiences of Professional Counselors Providing Crisis Counseling. Counselor Education & Supervision. Jun2014, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p82-96. 15p. DOI: 10.1002/j.1556-6978.2014.00050.x.
- Garza, Yvonne; Kinsworthy, Sarah; Bennett, Mary Morrison. Supervision in Group Play Therapy: A Skills Checklist. Journal of Individual Psychology. Spring2014, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p31-44. 14p.
- Goodyear, Rodney, & Janine Bernard, Clinical Supervision: Lessons From the Literature, Counselor Education & Supervision, Sep 1998, Vol. 38, Issue 1.
- Granello, Darcy; Encouraging the Cognitive Development of Supervisees: Using Bloom’s Taxonomy in Supervision; Counselor Education & Supervision, Sept 2000, Vol. 40, Issue 1.
- Harris, Steven M.; Harriger, Dinah J; Sexual Attraction in Conjoint Therapy; American Journal of Family Therapy, June 2009, Vol 37 Issue 3, p209
- Hird, Jeffrey, Cavalieri, Consuelo, Dulko, Jeffrey, & Algernon Felice; Visions and Realities: Supervisee Perspectives of Multicultural Supervision; Journal of Multicultural Counseling & Development; Apr 2001, Vol. 29, Issue 2.
- Holloway Phd, Elizabeth and Michael Carroll PhD; Training Counselling Supervisors: Strategies, Methods, & Techniques; Sage Publications: California; 1999
- Neswald-McCalip, Rhonda, Development of the Secure Counselor: Case Examples Supporting Pistole & Watkins (1995) Discussion of Attachment Theory in Counseling Supervision, Counselor Education & Supervision, Sep 2001, Vol. 41, Issue 1.
- Pearson, Quinn, Getting the Most Out of Clinical Supervision: Strategies for Mental Health; Journal of Mental Health Counseling; Oct 2004; Vol. 26; Issue 4.
- Price, Adrienne; Using coaching interventions to develop clinical skills; Nursing Standard, July 2009, Vol 23 Issue 44
- Pope PhD, Kenneth S. and Melba J.T. Vasquez PhD; Ethics in Psychotherapy and Counseling: A Practical Guide for Psychologists; Jossey-Bass Publishers: California; 1991
- Presbury, Jack, Echterling, Lennis, & Edson McKee, Supervision for inner vision: Solution-focused strategies, Counselor Education & Supervision, Dec 1999, Vol. 39, Issue 2.
- Sexton, Thomas L., Reconstructing Clinical Training: In Pursuit of Evidence-Based Clinical Training, Counselor Education & Supervision, Jun 2000, Vol. 39, Issue 4.
- Sharrock, Julie; Javen, Leanne; McDonald, Sarah. Clinical Supervision for Transition to Advanced Practice. Perspectives in Psychiatric Care. Apr2013, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p118-125. 8p. 1 Diagram. DOI: 10.1111/ppc.12003
- Siang-Yang Tan, DEVELOPING INTEGRATION SKILLS: THE ROLE OF CLINICAL SUPERVISION; Journal of Psychology & Theology, April 2009, Vol 37, Issue 1, p54
- Studer, Jeannine, & Aaron Oberman, The Use of the ASCA National Model in Supervision, Professional School Counseling, Oct 2006, Vol. 10, Issue 1.
- Thompson, Jill; A Readiness Hierarchy Theory of Counselor-in-Training; Journal of Instructional Psychology, Jun2004, Vol. 31, Issue 2.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Clinical Supervision and Professional Development of The Substance Abuse Counselor Part 3: A Review of the Literature, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, p1-45.
- Ward, Colin, & Reese House, Counseling Supervision: A Reflective Model, Counselor Education & Supervision, Sep 1998, Vol. 38, Issue 1.