|Healthcare Training Institute - Quality Education since 1979CE for Psychologist, Social Worker, Counselor, & MFT!!
Peer-Reviewed Journal Article References:
Christian, C., Perko, V. L., Vanzhula, I. A., Tregarthen, J. P., Forbush, K. T., & Levinson, C. A. (2020). Eating disorder core symptoms and symptom pathways across developmental stages: A network analysis. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 129(2), 177–190.
Corning, A. F., Krumm, A. J., & Smitham, L. A. (2006). Differential social comparison processes in women with and without eating disorder symptoms. Journal of Counseling Psychology, 53(3), 338–349.
Fischer, M. S., Baucom, D. H., Baucom, B. R., Abramowitz, J. S., Kirby, J. S., & Bulik, C. M. (2017). Disorder-specific patterns of emotion coregulation in couples: Comparing obsessive compulsive disorder and anorexia nervosa. Journal of Family Psychology, 31(3), 304–315.
Glasofer, D. R., Albano, A. M., Simpson, H. B., & Steinglass, J. E. (2016). Overcoming fear of eating: A case study of a novel use of exposure and response prevention. Psychotherapy, 53(2), 223–231.
Homan, K. J., & Lemmon, V. A. (2014). Attachment to God and eating disorder tendencies: The mediating role of social comparison. Psychology of Religion and Spirituality, 6(4), 349–357.
Isserlin, L., & Couturier, J. (2012). Therapeutic alliance and family-based treatment for adolescents with anorexia nervosa. Psychotherapy, 49(1), 46–51.
Mander, J., Wittorf, A., Teufel, M., Schlarb, A., Hautzinger, M., Zipfel, S., & Sammet, I. (2012). Patients with depression, somatoform disorders, and eating disorders on the stages of change: Validation of a short version of the URICA. Psychotherapy, 49(4), 519–527.
Manley, R. S., & Leichner, P. (2003). Anguish and despair in adolescents with eating disorders: Helping to manage suicidal ideation and impulses. Crisis: The Journal of Crisis Intervention and Suicide Prevention, 24(1), 32–36.
Naumann, E., Tuschen-Caffier, B., Voderholzer, U., Caffier, D., & Svaldi, J. (2015). Rumination but not distraction increases eating-related symptoms in anorexia and bulimia nervosa. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 124(2), 412–420.
Obeid, N., Carlucci, S., Brugnera, A., Compare, A., Proulx, G., Bissada, H., & Tasca, G. A. (2018). Reciprocal influence of distress and group therapeutic factors in day treatment for eating disorders: A progress and process monitoring study. Psychotherapy, 55(2), 170–178.
Pearson, C. M., Combs, J. L., Zapolski, T. C. B., & Smith, G. T. (2012). A longitudinal transactional risk model for early eating disorder onset. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 121(3), 707–718.
Pila, E., Murray, S. B., Le Grange, D., Sawyer, S. M., & Hughes, E. K. (2019). Reciprocal relations between dietary restraint and negative affect in adolescents receiving treatment for anorexia nervosa. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 128(2), 129–139.
Schwalberg, M. D., Barlow, D. H., Alger, S. A., & Howard, L. J. (1992). Comparison of bulimics, obese binge eaters, social phobics, and individuals with panic disorder on comorbidity across DSM-III—R anxiety disorders. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 101(4), 675–681.
Spector-Dunsky, L. (1985). Review of Les thérapies au feminin. Dépression, hystérie, phobie, anorexie [Review of the book Therapies with females: depression, hysteria, phobia, anorexia, by D. Brunet]. Canadian Psychology/Psychologie canadienne, 26(1), 73–74.
Stice, E., Telch, C. L., & Rizvi, S. L. (2000). "Development and validation of the Eating Disorder Diagnostic Scale: A brief self-report measure of anorexia, bulimia, and binge-eating disorder": Correction to Stice et al. (2000). Psychological Assessment, 12(3), 252.
Suchan, B., Vocks, S., & Waldorf, M. (2015). Alterations in activity, Vol., and connectivity of body-processing brain areas in anorexia nervosa: A review. European Psychologist, 20(1), 27–33.
Williams-Reade, J., Freitas, C., & Lawson, L. (2014). Narrative-informed medical family therapy: Using narrative therapy practices in brief medical encounters. Families, Systems, & Health, 32(4), 416–425.
Woody, S. R., Whittal, M. L., & McLean, P. D. (2011). Mechanisms of symptom reduction in treatment for obsessions. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 79(5), 653–664.
- Abraham, Suzanne; Llewellyn-Jones, Derek; Anorexia nervosa; Eating Disorders (Oxford), 2001
- Boskind-White, Marlene, Ph.D. & White, William C. Ph.D.; "Bulimia Anorexia: The Binge/Purge Cycle and Self-Starvation"; W.W. Norton & Company; New York, NY; 2000
- Claude-Pierre, Peggy; "The Secret Language of Eating Disorders"; Random House Inc; New York NY; 1997
- Crosscope-Happel, Cindy; Hutchins, David E.; Getz, Hildy G.; Hayes, Gerald L.; Male Anorexia Nervosa: A New Focus; Journal of Mental Health Counseling, Oct2000, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p365
- Crow, Scott J.; Mitchell, James E.; Roerig, James D.; Steffen, Kristine; What potential role is there for medication treatment in anorexia nervosa?; International Journal of Eating Disorders, 2009-01, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p.1
- Crow, Scott. Professionals' Knowledge of and Attitudes about Eating Disorders Patients. Eating Disorders Review. Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p2-5. 4p.
- Draper, Heather; Anorexia Nervosa And Respecting A Refusal Of Life-Prolonging Therapy: A Limited Justification; Bioethics, Apr2000, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p120
- Erford, Bradley T.; Richards, Taryn; Peacock, Elizabeth; Voith, Karen; McGair, Heather; Muller, Brooke; Duncan, Kelly; Chang, Catherine Y. Counseling and Guided Self-Help Outcomes for Clients With Bulimia Nervosa: A Meta-Analysis of Clinical Trials From 1980 to 2010. Journal of Counseling & Development. Apr2013, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p152-172. 21p. 1 Diagram, 5 Charts. DOI: 10.1002/j.1556-6676.2013.00083.x.
- Fox, John R. E.; Power, Michael J. Eating disorders and multi-level modes of emotion: An integrated model. Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy. Aug2009, Vol. 16, Issue 4
- Geist, Rose; Heinmaa, Margus; Stephens, Derek; Davis, Ron; Katzman, Debra K; Comparison of Family Therapy and Family Group Psychoeducation in Adolescents With Anorexia Nervosa; Canadian Journal of Psychiatry, Mar2000, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p173
- Ghizzani, Anna; Montomoli, Marcello; Anorexia Nervosa and Sexuality in Women: A Review; Journal of Sex Education & Therapy, 2000, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p80
- Harshbarger, Jenni L.; Ahlers-Schmidt, Carolyn R.; Mayans, Laura; Mayans, David; Hawkins, Joseph H.; Pro-anorexia Websites: What a Clinician Should Know; International Journal of Eating Disorders, 2009-05, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p.367
- Hilbert, Anja. Cognitive-behavioral therapy for binge eating disorder in adolescents: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. Trials. 2013, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1-11. 11p. DOI: 10.1186/1745-6215-14-312.
- Kaplan, Allan S; Psychological Treatments for Anorexia Nervosa A Review of Published Studies and Promising New Directions; Canadian Journal of Psychiatry, Apr2002, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p235
- Levenkron, Steven; "Anatomy of Anorexia"; W. W. Norton & Company; New York, NY; 2000
- Lock, Andrew & Epston, David & Maisel, Richard; "Countering that which is Called Anorexia"; Narrative Inquiry 14(2), 275–301
- Maladaptive Disorders. Eating Disorders.
- Podar, Iris; Allik, Juri. A cross-cultural comparison of the eating disorder inventory. International Journal of Eating Disorders. May2009, Vol. 42, Issue 4.
- Puhl, Rebecca M.; Neumark-Sztainer, Dianne; Austin, S. Bryn; Luedicke, Joerg; King, Kelly M. Setting policy priorities to address eating disorders and weight stigma: views from the field of eating disorders and the US general public. BMC Public Health. 2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1310-1328. 19p. DOI: 10.1186/1471-2458-14-524.
- Rothschild-Yakar, Lily; Lacoua, Liza; Stein, Daniel. Changes in Patient Measures as Predictors of Therapists’ Ratings of Treatment Collaboration and Change in Eating Disorder Subgroups. Assessment. Dec2013, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p752-763. 12p. DOI: 10.1177/1073191111415366.
- Rusca, Roberto; An Existentialist Approach to Anorexia Nervosa; American Journal of Psychotherapy, 2003, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p491
- Sandbek, Terence J. Ph.D.; "The Deadly Diet: Recovering from Anorexia and Bulimia"; New Harbinger Publications, Inc.; Oakland, CA; 1993
- Santonastaso, Paolo; Bosello, Romina; Schiavone, Paolo; Tenconi, Elena; Degortes, Daniela; Favaro, Angela; Typical and Atypical Restrictive Anorexia Nervosa: Weight History, Body Image, Psychiatric Symptoms, and Response to Outpatient Treatment, 2009-07, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p.464
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Clients With Substance Use And Eating Disorders. Advisory, Volume 10, Issue 1. 2011. Pg. 1-12.
- Wechselblatt, Tracy; Gurnick, Gregory; Simon, Ruth; Autonomy and relatedness in the development of anorexia nervosa: A clinical case series; Bulletin of the Menninger Clinic, Winter2000, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p91