|Healthcare Training Institute - Quality Education since 1979CE for Psychologist, Social Worker, Counselor, & MFT!!
- Abramson, M. Reflections on knowing oneself ethically: Toward a working framework for social work practice. Families in Society, 1996a, 77(4), 195-202.
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy. (2015, January 1). Code of Ethics. Retrieved from http://www.aamft.org/iMIS15/AAMFT/Content/Legal_Ethics/Code_of_Ethics.aspx
- American Counseling Association. (2014). ACA Code of Ethics. Retrieved from http://www.counseling.org/docs/ethics/2014-aca-code-of-ethics.pdf?sfvrsn=4
- American Psychological Association (APA). (2017, January 1). Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct. Retrieved from http://www.apa.org/ethics/code
- Barker, R. L. (1998). Milestones in the Development of Social Work and Social Welfare. Washington, DC: NASW Press. Rankin, Mary, JD employed by the Healthcare Training Institute to research and write the article Evolution of Social Work Ethics. Edited by Tracy Appleton, LCSW. The reference Barker, Robert L. Milestones in the Development of Social Work and Social Welfare. Washington, DC NASW Press, 1998
- Barnett, Jeffrey E. Sexual Feelings and Behaviors in the Psychotherapy Relationship: An Ethics Perspective. Journal of Clinical Psychology. Feb2014, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p170-181.
- Bemecker, Samantha L. Helping Clients Help Themselves: Managing Ethical Concerns When Offering Guided Self-Help Interventions in Psychotherapy Practice. Professional Psychology: Research & Practice. Apr2014, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p111-119.
- Brems, C. (2000). Dealing with Challenges in Psychotherapy
and Counseling. New York: Brooks and Cloe.
- Buhari, 'Bunmi. Therapeutic Relationships and Professional Boundaries. IFE PsychologIA. 2013 Special Edition, Vol. 21 Issue 3-S, p162-168.
- Calmes, Stephanie A.; Piazza, Nick J.; Laux, John M. The Use of Touch in Counseling: An Ethical Decision-Making Model. Counseling & Values. Apr2013, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p59-68.
- Clapton, Kerrin. Developing professional boundaries guidance for social workers. Journal of Adult Protection. 2013, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p37-44.
- Courtois PhD, Christine
A, "Guidelines for the treatment of adults abused or possibly abused as children";
American Journal of Psychotherapy; Fall 1997, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p497
- Enns PhD, Carolyn Zerbec;
"Counselors and the Backlash: 'Rape Hype' and 'False-Memory Syndrome'";
Journal of Counseling & Development; Mar/Apr 1996, Vol. 74 Issue 4, p358
- Henderson, Kathryn L. Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse: Considerations and Guidelines for Mental Health Counselors. Journal of Mental Health Counseling. Oct2013, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p296-309.
- Kangas, Julie L.; Calvert, James D. Ethical Issues in Mental Health Background Checks for Firearm Ownership. Professional Psychology: Research & Practice. Feb2014, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p76-83.
- Loewenberg, F. M., & Dolgoff, R. & Harrington, D. Ethical decisions for social work practice. Itasca, Illinois: F.E. Peacock., 2000.
Elizabeth & Katherine Ketcham, The Myth of Repressed Memory, University of
Chicago Press: Chicago, 2005.
- Mendez, M., & Fras, I. (2011). The false memory syndrome: Experimental studies and comparison to confabulations. Medical Hypotheses, 76(4), 492-496. doi:10.1016/j.mehy.2010.11.033
- Moe, Cathrine; Kvig, Erling I; Brinchmann, Beate; Brinchmann, Berit S. Working behind the scenes’ An ethical view of mental health nursing and first-episode psychosis. Nursing Ethics. Aug2013, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p517-527.
- National Association of Social Workers. (2017). NASW Code of Ethics. Retrieved from https://www.socialworkers.org/About/Ethics/Code-of-Ethics/Code-of-Ethics-English
- National Board for Certified Counselors, Inc. and Affiliates. (2016, October 7). NBCC Code of Ethics. Retrieved from https://www.nbcc.org/Assets/Ethics/NBCCCodeofEthics.pdf
- Ofshe, Richard & Ethan Watters, Making
Monsters: False Memories, Psychotherapy, and Sexual Hysteria, Charles Scribner's
Sons: New York, 1994.
- Plaut, S. Michael; Brown, Janet Klein; Brancu, Mira; Wilbur, Rebecca C.; Rios, Katherine. Characteristics of Health Professionals in a Mandated Ethics Tutorial After Violating Sexual Boundaries with Patients. Journal of Health Care Law & Policy. 2013, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p353-374.
- Prozan, Charlotte, Construction and Reconstruction
of Memory: Dilemmas of Childhood Sexual Abuse, Jason Aronson Inc.: London, 1997
- Reamer, F. G. The social work ethics audit: A risk-management strategy. Social Work, 2000, 45(4), 355-366.
- Reamer, Frederic G., Social Work Ethics Casebook: Cases and Commentary. Washington, DC: NASW Press, 2009
- Reamer, Frederic G., Social Work Malpractice and Liability: Strategies for Prevention, 2nd ed. (New York: Columbia University Press, 2003)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Social Work Values and Ethics, 3rd ed. (New York: Columbia University Press, 2006)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Ethical Standards in Social Work: A Review of the NASW Code of Ethics, 2nd ed. (Washington, DC: NASW Press, 2006)
- Reamer, Frederic G., The Social Work Ethics Audit: A Risk-management Tool (Washington, DC: NASW Press, 2001)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Tangled Relationships: Managing Boundaries in the Human Services (New York: Columbia University Press, 2001)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Ethics Education in Social Work (Alexandria, VA: Council on Social Work Education, 2001)
- Rothstein, Mark A., Tarasoff Duties after Newtown, Journal of Law, Medicine & Ethics. Spring2014, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p104-109.
- Saul J, Audage NC. Preventing Child Sexual Abuse Within Youth-serving Organizations: Getting Started on Policies and Procedures. Atlanta (GA): Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control; 2007.
- Waters, B. (2007). Recovered Memory and Adult Disclosure of Child Sexual Assault. Public Defenders Annual Criminal Law Conference.
- Coordinating Author/Instructor: Tracy Appleton, LCSW, MEd