|Healthcare Training Institute - Quality Education since 1979CE for Psychologist, Social Worker, Counselor, & MFT!!
Peer-Reviewed Journal Article References:
Adeusi, S. O. (2017). Parenting and demographic factors as predictors of adolescent conduct disorder: Efficacy of multi-modal intervention. Gender & Behaviour, 15(1), 8217-8230.
Barry, C. T., Golmaryami, F. N., Rivera-Hudson, N., & Frick, P. J. (Feb 2013). Evidence-based assessment of conduct disorder: Current considerations and preparation for DSM-5. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 44(1), 56-63.
Beato, A., Pereira, A., Barros, L., & Pereira, A. I. (2017). Parenting strategies to deal with children's anxiety: Do parents do what they say they do? Child Psychiatry & Human Development, 48(3), 423-433.
Casillas, A., Robbins, St., Allen, J., Kuo, Y., Hanson, M. A., & Schmeiser, C. (May 2012). Predicting early academic failure in high school from prior academic achievement, psychosocial characteristics, and behavior. Journal of Educational Psychology, 104(2), 407-420.
Fosco, G. M., Lippold, M., & Feinberg, M. E. (2014). Interparental boundary problems, parent–adolescent hostility, and adolescent–parent hostility: A family process model for adolescent aggression problems. Couple and Family Psychology: Research and Practice, 3(3), 141–155.
Kopala-Sibley, D. C., Klein, D. N., Perlman, G., & Kotov, R. (2017). Self-criticism and dependency in female adolescents: Prediction of first onsets and disentangling the relationships between personality, stressful life events, and internalizing psychopathology. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 126(8), 1029–1043.
Li, I., Clark, D. A., Klump, K. L., & Burt, S. A. (Sep 2017). Parental involvement as an etiological moderator of middle childhood oppositional defiant disorder. Journal of Family Psychology, 31(6), 659-667.
Lucio, R., Hunt, E., & Bornovalova, M. (Mar 2012). Identifying the necessary and sufficient number of risk factors for predicting academic failure. Developmental Psychology, 48(2), 422-428.
Martin, M. J., Sturge-Apple, M. L., Davies, P. T., & Gutierrez, G. (2019). Attachment behavior and hostility as explanatory factors linking parent–adolescent conflict and adolescent adjustment. Journal of Family Psychology, 33(5), 586–596.
Van Petegem, S., Baudat, S., & Zimmermann, G. (Aug 2019). Forbidden to forbid? Towards a better understanding of autonomy and rules within parent-adolescent relationships. Canadian Psychology, 60(3), 194-202.
- A Survival Guide to Parenting Teens: Talking to Your Kids About Sexting, Drinking, Drugs, and Other Things That Freak You Out. (2014). Publishers Weekly, 261(16), 73.
- Chai, Z. & Lieberman-Betz, R. (Mar/Apr, 2016). Strategies for Helping Parents of Young Children Address Challenging Behaviors in the Home. Teaching Exceptional Children, 48(4), 186-194.
- Child Welfare Information Gateway. (2013). Parent-Child Interaction Therapy With At-Risk Families. 1-13.
- Cuskelly, M., Morris, M., Gilmore, L., & Besley, T. (2015). Parents' reported use and views of strategies for managing the behaviour of their preschool child. Australasian Journal of Early Childhood, 40(2), 99-106.
- Endendijk, J. J., Groeneveld, M. G., Bakermans-Kranenburg, M. J., & Mesman, J. (2016). Gender-Differentiated Parenting Revisited: Meta-Analysis Reveals Very Few Differences in Parental Control of Boys and Girls. PLoS ONE, 11(7), 1-33.
- Enebrink, P., Danneman, M., Mattsson, V. B., Ulfsdotter, M., Jalling, C., & Lindberg, L. (2015). Changes in parenting strategies after a young person's self-harm: a qualitative study. Journal of Child & Family Studies, 24(7), 1917-1931.
- Ferrey, A. E., Hughes, N. D., Simkin, S., Locock, L., Stewart, A., Kapur, N., Gunnell, D., & Hawton, K. (2016). Changes in parenting strategies after a young person's self-harm: a qualitative study. Child & Adolescent Psychiatry & Mental Health, 10, 1-8.
- Hoder, Randye. (2013). Give Parents a Break: Making the Case for Supervised Teen Drinking. Time.com, 1.
- Hou, Y., Benner, A. D., Kim, S. Y., Chen, S., Spitz, S., Shi, Y., & Beretvas, T. (Jun 13, 2019). Discordance in parents’ and adolescents’ reports of parenting: A meta-analysis and qualitative review. American Psychologist.
- "How to Spot Drug and Alcohol Use in Teens: Guide for Parents." (2013). Brown University Child & Adolescent Behavior Letter, 29, 1-2.
- Kann, T. & Hanna, F. (2000). Disruptive behavior disorders in children and adolescents: how girls differ from boys. Journal of Counseling & Development, 78(3). doi:10.1002/j.1556-6676.2000.tb01907.x
- Khan, S. Y. & Sajjad, S. (2017). Parental Behavior to Discipline Their Children on the Basis of Gender Roles. New Horizons, 11(1), 29-39.
- Parkes, A., Green, M., & Mitchell, K. (Mar 2019). Coparenting and parenting pathways from the couple relationship to children’s behavior problems. Journal of Family Psychology, 33(2), 215-225.
- Pauker, S., Perlman, M., Prime, H., & Jenkins, J. M. (2017). Differential parenting and children's social understanding. Social Development 26(3), 645-657.
- Russo, F. (2013). Is Your Teen a Night Owl? That Could Explain His Poor Grades. Time.com, 1.
- Sells, S. P. (2001). Parenting Your Out-of-Control Teenager: Seven Steps to Reestablish Authority and Reclaim Love. New York, NY: St. Martin’s Press.
- Smith, J. (2014). Got Teens? The Doctor Moms' Guide to Sexuality, Social Media and Other Adolescent Realities. Library Journal, 139(9), 61.
- Smith, J. (2016). What Great Parents Do: 75 Simple Strategies to Raising Kids Who Thrive. Library Journal, 141(14), 92.
- Szymańska, A. (2017). Coping with Difficulties in Parenting Situations - Parental Control, Obedience Enforcement and Directiveness. Studia Psychologica, 59(1), 3-21.
U.S. Fire Administration. (2012). Prevent Youth Firesetting National Arson Awareness Week Media Kit. U.S. Department of Homeland Security. 1-9.
- Van Heel, M., Van Den Noortgate, W., Bijttebier, P., Colpin, H., Goossens, L., Verschueren, K., & Van Leeuwen, K. (Mar 2019). Parenting and externalizing problem behavior in adolescence: Combining the strengths of variable-centered and person-centered approaches. Developmental Psychology, 55(3), 653-673.
- Zahiri, M., & Honarparvaran, N. (2016). The relationship between parenting styles and social maturity and teenagers opposition. Indian Journal of Health & Wellbeing, 7(9), 925-928.