|Healthcare Training Institute - Quality Education since 1979CE for Psychologist, Social Worker, Counselor, & MFT!!
Bibliography & Selected Readings/ Authors/ Instructors
If you would like additional information on this topic,
below are OPTIONAL books to consider buying for your personal library...
- Abramson, M. Reflections on knowing oneself ethically: Toward a working framework for social work practice. Families in Society, 1996a, 77(4), 195-202.
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, Code of Ethics http://www.aamft.org/iMIS15/AAMFT/Content/Legal_Ethics/Code_of_Ethics.aspx
- American Counseling Association’s Code of Ethics http://www.counseling.org/docs/ethics/2014-aca-code-of-ethics.pdf?sfvrsn=4
- American Psychological Association's (APA) Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct http://www.apa.org/ethics/code/
- A Survival Guide to Parenting Teens: Talking to Your Kids About Sexting, Drinking, Drugs, and Other Things That Freak You Out. Publishers Weekly. 4/21/2014, Vol. 261 Issue 16, p73-73.
- Barker, Robert L. Milestones in the Development of Social Work and Social Welfare, Washington, DC NASW Press, 1998. Rankin, Mary, JD employed by the Healthcare Training Institute to research and write the article Evolution of Social Work Ethics. Edited by Tracy Appleton, LCSW. The reference Barker, Robert L. Milestones in the Development of Social Work and Social Welfare. Washington, DC NASW Press, 1998
- Basso, Michael J. The Underground Guide to Teenage Sexuality. Fairview Press. Minneapolis, MN. 1997.
- Being a Teen: Everything Teen Girls & Boys Should Know About Relationships, Sex, Love, Health, Identity & More. Publishers Weekly. 2/3/2014, Vol. 261 Issue 5, p50-50.
- Bemecker, Samantha L. Helping Clients Help Themselves: Managing Ethical Concerns When Offering Guided Self-Help Interventions in Psychotherapy Practice. Professional Psychology: Research & Practice. Apr2014, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p111-119.
- Brandenburg, Ulrike; Bitzer, Johannes; The challenge of talking about sex: The importance of patient–physician interaction; Maturitas, June 2009, Vol 63; Issue 2
- Collins, Julie; Virginity lost and found; America; May 2001; Vol. 184; Issue 17.
- Cox, Shanna; Pazol, Karen; Warner, Lee; Romero, Lisa; Spitz, Alison; Gavin, Lorrie; Barfield, Wanda. Vital Signs: Births to Teens Aged 15-17 Years -- United States, 1991-2012. MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report. 4/11/2014, Vol. 63 Issue 14, p312-318.
- Elgin, Suzette Haden, Ph.D. The Gentle Art of Communicating with Kids." John Wiley & Sons, Inc. New York, NY. 1996.
- Eyre, Linda & Richard. How to Talk to Your Child About Sex. Golden Books. New York, NY. 1998.
- Faber, Adele & Mazlish, Elaine. How to Talk so Teens Will Listen & Listen So Teens Will Talk. 2005.
- Ferguson, Sue; Birds, Bees—and Blind Ignorance; Maclean’s May 2004; Vol. 117, Issue 20.
- Folayan, Morenike Oluwatoyin ; Bridget Haire; Abigail Harrison; Morolake Odetoyingbo; Olawunmi Fatusi; and Brandon Brown. Ethical Issues in Adolescents Sexual and Reproductive Health Research in Nigeria. National Center for Biotechnology Information, December 2015, p. 1-15.
- Government Accountability Office. Child Welfare: Federal Agencies can Better Support State efforts to Prevent and Respond to Sexual Abuse by School Personnel. United States Government Accountability Office, January 2014, p1-67.
- Henderson, Kathryn L. Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse: Considerations and Guidelines for Mental Health Counselors. Journal of Mental Health Counseling. Oct2013, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p296-309.
- Hoder, Randye. Give Parents a Break: Making the Case for Supervised Teen Drinking Time.com. 10/25/2013, p1-1.
- How to Spot Drug and Alcohol Use in Teens: Guide for Parents. Brown University Child & Adolescent Behavior Letter. May2013 Supplement, Vol. 29, p1-2.
- Janssen, Marty; Davis, Jackie; The youth worker's role in young people's sexual health; Youth Studies Australia; December 2009, Vol 28; Issue 4
- Kangas, Julie L.; Calvert, James D. Ethical Issues in Mental Health Background Checks for Firearm Ownership. Professional Psychology: Research & Practice. Feb2014, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p76-83.
- Kelly, Gary F. Sex & Sense: A Contemporary Guide for Teenagers. Barron Educational Series, Inc. New York, NY. 1993.
- Kirby, Douglas; Effective approaches to reducing adolescent unprotected sex, pregnancy and childbearing; Journal of Sex Research; Feb 2002; Vol. 39; Issue 1.
- K. Van Petegem; B.P.M Creemers; Y. Rossel; and A. Aelterman. Relationships Between Teacher Characteristics, Interpersonal Teacher Behaviour. Journal of Classroom Interaction, 2005, p34-43.
- Lamb, Yanick, Scruggs, Afi-Odelia, McHenry, Susan, Murray, Cori & Akissi Britton; The war on girls: talking to our girls about sex; Essence; Mar 2002; Vol. 32; Issue 11.
- Leonard, Sara Major; Suellentrop, Katherine. Integrating Pregnancy Prevention in Child Welfare: Supporting Youth in Care to Prevent Teen Pregnancy. Policy & Practice (19426828). Aug2013, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p24-31.
- Lieberman, E. James, M.D. & Leiberman-Troccoli, Karen, M.P.H. Like It Is: A Teen Sex Guide. McFarland & Company, Inc. Jefferson, NC. 1998.
- Loewenberg, F. M., & Dolgoff, R. & Harrington, D. Ethical decisions for social work practice. Itasca, Illinois: F.E. Peacock., 2000.
- Mitchell, Clifton & Reagan Rogers; Rape, Statutory Rape, and Child Abuse: Legal Distinctions and Counselor Duties; Professional School Counseling; June 2003; Vol. 6; Issue 5.
- Moe, Cathrine; Kvig, Erling I; Brinchmann, Beate; Brinchmann, Berit S. Working behind the scenes’ An ethical view of mental health nursing and first-episode psychosis. Nursing Ethics. Aug2013, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p517-527.
- National Association of Social Workers, Code of Ethics http://www.naswdc.org/pubs/code/code.asp
- National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) Code of Ethics http://www.nbcc.org/assets/ethics/nbcc-codeofethics.pdf
- Omeje, Joachim C. ; Eskay Michael; and Modebelu Josephine Obiageli. Roles of Counsellors in Promoting Sexuality Education for In-School Adolescents in Nigeria, Psychology Research, December 2012, p.1-8.
- Orr, Tamra; How to Talk to Your Parents About Sex; Current Health; Nov 2002; Vol. 29; Issue 3.
-Oudekertk Ph.D., Barbara; Dara Blachman, Ph. D.; and Carrie Mulford, Ph. D. Teen Dating Violence: How Peers Can Affect Risk & Protective Factors. U.S. Department of Justice, Office fo Justice Programs National Institute of Justice, November 2014, p1-24.
- Rahman, Mahbubur; Berenson, Abbey B. Pregnancy Test Taking Is a Correlate of Unsafe Sex, Contraceptive Nonadherence, Pregnancy, and Sexually Transmitted Infections in Adolescent and Young Adult Women. Journal of Women's Health (15409996). Apr2013, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p339-343.
- Reamer, F. G. The social work ethics audit: A risk-management strategy. Social Work, 2000, 45(4), 355-366.
- Reamer, Frederic G., Social Work Ethics Casebook: Cases and Commentary. Washington, DC: NASW Press, 2009
- Reamer, Frederic G., Social Work Malpractice and Liability: Strategies for Prevention, 2nd ed. (New York: Columbia University Press, 2003)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Social Work Values and Ethics, 3rd ed. (New York: Columbia University Press, 2006)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Ethical Standards in Social Work: A Review of the NASW Code of Ethics, 2nd ed. (Washington, DC: NASW Press, 2006)
- Reamer, Frederic G., The Social Work Ethics Audit: A Risk-management Tool (Washington, DC: NASW Press, 2001)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Tangled Relationships: Managing Boundaries in the Human Services (New York: Columbia University Press, 2001)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Ethics Education in Social Work (Alexandria, VA: Council on Social Work Education, 2001)
- Remez, Lisa; Oral sex among adolescents: is it sex or is it abstinence?; Family Planning Perspectives; Nov/Dec 2000; Vol. 32; Issue 6.
- Riley, Philip. An Adult Attachment Perspective on the Student–Teacher Relationship & Classroom Management Difficulties. Teaching and Teacher Education, 2009, p626-635.
- Rothstein, Mark A., Tarasoff Duties after Newtown, Journal of Law, Medicine & Ethics. Spring2014, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p104-109. .
- Russo, Francine. Is Your Teen a Night Owl? That Could Explain His Poor Grades. Time.com. 11/15/2013, p1-1.
- Shakeshaft, Charol. Educator Sexual Misconduct: A Synthesis of Existing Literature. U.S. Department of Education, Office of the Under Secretary, Washington, D.C., 2004, p1-148.
- Simons, Dominique A. Chapter 3: Sex Offender Typologies. Office Justice Programs - Sex offender Management Assessment and Planning Initiative, p1-14.
- Smith, Julianne. Got Teens? The Doctor Moms' Guide to Sexuality, Social Media and Other Adolescent Realities. Library Journal. 5/15/2014, Vol. 139 Issue 9, p61-61.
- Stoppard, Miriam. Sex Ed: Growing Up, Relationships, and Sex." DK Publishing. New York, NY. 1997.
- Tolman, Deborah; Object lessons: romance, violation, and female adolescent sexual desire; Journal of Sex Education & Therapy; 2000; Vol. 25; Issue 1.
- Wilbraham, Lindy; Manufacturing willingness: parents and young people talking about sex in an HIV&AIDS epidemic; South African Journal of Psychology, April 2009, Vol 39; Issue 1
- Williams, Lela; Russell, Stephen. Shared Social and Emotional Activities Within Adolescent Romantic and Non-Romantic Sexual Relationships. Archives of Sexual Behavior. May2013, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p649-658.
- Williams, Virginia & Redford, Ph.D. Life Skills: 8 Simple Ways to Build Stronger Relationships, Communicate More Clearly, and Improve Your Health." Three Rivers Press. New York, NY. 1997.
for this course