|Healthcare Training Institute - Quality Education since 1979CE for Psychologist, Social Worker, Counselor, & MFT!!
Bibliography & Selected Readings/ Authors/ Instructors
If you would like additional information on this topic,
below are OPTIONAL books to consider buying for your personal library...
- Abramson, M. Reflections on knowing oneself ethically: Toward a working framework for social work practice. Families in Society, 1996a, 77(4), 195-202.
- A Survival Guide to Parenting Teens: Talking to Your Kids About Sexting, Drinking, Drugs, and Other Things That Freak You Out. Publishers Weekly. 4/21/2014, Vol. 261 Issue 16, p73-73.
- Basso, Michael J. The Underground Guide to Teenage Sexuality. Fairview Press. Minneapolis, MN. 1997.
- Being a Teen: Everything Teen Girls & Boys Should Know About Relationships, Sex, Love, Health, Identity & More. Publishers Weekly. 2/3/2014, Vol. 261 Issue 5, p50-50.
- Bemecker, Samantha L. Helping Clients Help Themselves: Managing Ethical Concerns When Offering Guided Self-Help Interventions in Psychotherapy Practice. Professional Psychology: Research & Practice. Apr2014, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p111-119.
- Brandenburg, Ulrike; Bitzer, Johannes; The challenge of talking about sex: The importance of patient–physician interaction; Maturitas, June 2009, Vol 63; Issue 2
- Collins, Julie; Virginity lost and found; America; May 2001; Vol. 184; Issue 17.
- Cox, Shanna; Pazol, Karen; Warner, Lee; Romero, Lisa; Spitz, Alison; Gavin, Lorrie; Barfield, Wanda. Vital Signs: Births to Teens Aged 15-17 Years -- United States, 1991-2012. MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report. 4/11/2014, Vol. 63 Issue 14, p312-318.
- Elgin, Suzette Haden, Ph.D. The Gentle Art of Communicating with Kids.” John Wiley & Sons, Inc. New York, NY. 1996.
- Eyre, Linda & Richard. How to Talk to Your Child About Sex. Golden Books. New York, NY. 1998.
- Faber, Adele & Mazlish, Elaine. How to Talk so Teens Will Listen & Listen So Teens Will Talk. 2005.
- Ferguson, Sue; Birds, Bees—and Blind Ignorance; Maclean’s May 2004; Vol. 117, Issue 20.
- Government Accountability Office. Child Welfare: Federal Agencies can Better Support State efforts to Prevent and Respond to Sexual Abuse by School Personnel. United States Government Accountability Office, January 2014, p1-67.
- Henderson, Kathryn L. Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse: Considerations and Guidelines for Mental Health Counselors. Journal of Mental Health Counseling. Oct2013, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p296-309.
- Hoder, Randye. Give Parents a Break: Making the Case for Supervised Teen Drinking Time.com. 10/25/2013, p1-1.
- How to Spot Drug and Alcohol Use in Teens: Guide for Parents. Brown University Child & Adolescent Behavior Letter. May2013 Supplement, Vol. 29, p1-2.
- Janssen, Marty; Davis, Jackie; The youth worker's role in young people's sexual health; Youth Studies Australia; December 2009, Vol 28; Issue 4
- Kangas, Julie L.; Calvert, James D. Ethical Issues in Mental Health Background Checks for Firearm Ownership. Professional Psychology: Research & Practice. Feb2014, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p76-83.
- Kelly, Gary F. Sex & Sense: A Contemporary Guide for Teenagers. Barron Educational Series, Inc. New York, NY. 1993.
- Kirby, Douglas; Effective approaches to reducing adolescent unprotected sex, pregnancy and childbearing; Journal of Sex Research; Feb 2002; Vol. 39; Issue 1.
- K. Van Petegem; B.P.M Creemers; Y. Rossel; and A. Aelterman. Relationships Between Teacher Characteristics, Interpersonal Teacher Behaviour. Journal of Classroom Interaction, 2005, p34-43.
- Lamb, Yanick, Scruggs, Afi-Odelia, McHenry, Susan, Murray, Cori & Akissi Britton; The war on girls: talking to our girls about sex; Essence; Mar 2002; Vol. 32; Issue 11.
- Leonard, Sara Major; Suellentrop, Katherine. Integrating Pregnancy Prevention in Child Welfare: Supporting Youth in Care to Prevent Teen Pregnancy. Policy & Practice (19426828). Aug2013, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p24-31.
- Lieberman, E. James, M.D. & Leiberman-Troccoli, Karen, M.P.H. Like It Is: A Teen Sex Guide. McFarland & Company, Inc. Jefferson, NC. 1998.
- Loewenberg, F. M., & Dolgoff, R. & Harrington, D. Ethical decisions for social work practice. Itasca, Illinois: F.E. Peacock., 2000.
- Mitchell, Clifton & Reagan Rogers; Rape, Statutory Rape, and Child Abuse: Legal Distinctions and Counselor Duties; Professional School Counseling; June 2003; Vol. 6; Issue 5.
- Moe, Cathrine; Kvig, Erling I; Brinchmann, Beate; Brinchmann, Berit S. Working behind the scenes’ An ethical view of mental health nursing and first-episode psychosis. Nursing Ethics. Aug2013, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p517-527.
- Orr, Tamra; How to Talk to Your Parents About Sex; Current Health; Nov 2002; Vol. 29; Issue 3.
-Oudekertk Ph.D., Barbara; Dara Blachman, Ph. D.; and Carrie Mulford, Ph. D. Teen Dating Violence: How Peers Can Affect Risk & Protective Factors. U.S. Department of Justice, Office fo Justice Programs National Institute of Justice, November 2014, p1-24.
- Rahman, Mahbubur; Berenson, Abbey B. Pregnancy Test Taking Is a Correlate of Unsafe Sex, Contraceptive Nonadherence, Pregnancy, and Sexually Transmitted Infections in Adolescent and Young Adult Women. Journal of Women's Health (15409996). Apr2013, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p339-343.
- Reamer, F. G. The social work ethics audit: A risk-management strategy. Social Work, 2000, 45(4), 355-366.
- Reamer, Frederic G., Social Work Ethics Casebook: Cases and Commentary. Washington, DC: NASW Press, 2009
- Reamer, Frederic G., Social Work Malpractice and Liability: Strategies for Prevention, 2nd ed. (New York: Columbia University Press, 2003)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Social Work Values and Ethics, 3rd ed. (New York: Columbia University Press, 2006)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Ethical Standards in Social Work: A Review of the NASW Code of Ethics, 2nd ed. (Washington, DC: NASW Press, 2006)
- Reamer, Frederic G., The Social Work Ethics Audit: A Risk-management Tool (Washington, DC: NASW Press, 2001)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Tangled Relationships: Managing Boundaries in the Human Services (New York: Columbia University Press, 2001)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Ethics Education in Social Work (Alexandria, VA: Council on Social Work Education, 2001)
- Remez, Lisa; Oral sex among adolescents: is it sex or is it abstinence?; Family Planning Perspectives; Nov/Dec 2000; Vol. 32; Issue 6.
- Riley, Philip. An Adult Attachment Perspective on the Student–Teacher Relationship & Classroom Management Difficulties. Teaching and Teacher Education, 2009, p626-635.
- Rothstein, Mark A., Tarasoff Duties after Newtown, Journal of Law, Medicine & Ethics. Spring2014, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p104-109. .
- Russo, Francine. Is Your Teen a Night Owl? That Could Explain His Poor Grades. Time.com. 11/15/2013, p1-1.
- Shakeshaft, Charol. Educator Sexual Misconduct: A Synthesis of Existing Literature. U.S. Department of Education, Office of the Under Secretary, Washington, D.C., 2004, p1-148.
- Simons, Dominique A. Chapter 3: Sex Offender Typologies. Office Justice Programs - Sex offender Management Assessment and Planning Initiative, p1-14.
- Smith, Julianne. Got Teens? The Doctor Moms' Guide to Sexuality, Social Media and Other Adolescent Realities. Library Journal. 5/15/2014, Vol. 139 Issue 9, p61-61.
- Stoppard, Miriam. Sex Ed: Growing Up, Relationships, and Sex.” DK Publishing. New York, NY. 1997.
- Tolman, Deborah; Object lessons: romance, violation, and female adolescent sexual desire; Journal of Sex Education & Therapy; 2000; Vol. 25; Issue 1.
- Wilbraham, Lindy; Manufacturing willingness: parents and young people talking about sex in an HIV&AIDS epidemic; South African Journal of Psychology, April 2009, Vol 39; Issue 1
- Williams, Lela; Russell, Stephen. Shared Social and Emotional Activities Within Adolescent Romantic and Non-Romantic Sexual Relationships. Archives of Sexual Behavior. May2013, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p649-658.
- Williams, Virginia & Redford, Ph.D. Life Skills: 8 Simple Ways to Build Stronger Relationships, Communicate More Clearly, and Improve Your Health.” Three Rivers Press. New York, NY. 1997.
for this course