Healthcare Training Institute - Quality Education since 1979
CE for Psychologist, Social Worker, Counselor, & MFT!!
- Bird, Michael; Llewellyn-Jones, Robert H.; Korten, Ailsa; An evaluation of the effectiveness of a case-specific approach to challenging behaviour associated with dementia; Aging & Mental Health; Jan. 2009; Vol. 13; Issue 1; p 73-82
- Eckstein, Donna; Eckstein, Sarah; Eckstein, Daniel. Creating Respect in Couples: The Couple’s Respect Questionnaire (CRQ). Family Journal. Jan2014, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p98-104. 7p. DOI: 10.1177/1066480713505062.
- Glenner, Joy A.; Stehman, Jean M.; Davagnino, Judith; Galante, Margaret J.; Green, Martha L.; “When Your Loved One Has Dementia: A Simple Guide for Caregivers”; John Hopkins University Press.; Baltimore, MD.; 2005.
- Gottlieb, B. H.; Johnson, J.; Respite programs for caregivers of persons with dementia: a review with practice implications; Aging & Mental Health; May2000; Vol. 4 Issue 2
- Hopper, Tammy; Bourgeois, Michelle; Pimentel, Jane; Qualls, Constance Dean; Hickey, Ellen; Frymark, Tobi; Schooling, Tracy. An Evidence-Based Systematic Review on Cognitive Interventions for Individuals With Dementia. American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology. Feb2013, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p126-145. 20p. 3 Charts. DOI: 10.1044/1058-0360(2012/11-0137).
- Kass-Bartelmes BL, Hughes R, Rutherford MK. Advance care planning: preferences for care at the end of life. Rockville (MD): Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; 2003. Research in Action Issue #12. AHRQ Pub No. 03-0018, p1-20.
- Keough, Jeremy; Huebner, Ruth A.; Treating Dementia: The Complementing Team Approach of Occupational Therapy and Psychology; Journal of Psychology; Jul2000; Vol. 134 Issue 4
- Koenig Coste, Joanne.; “Learning to Speak Alzheimer’s: A Groundbreaking Approach for Everyone Dealing with the Disease”; Houghton Mifflin.; New York, NY.; 2003.
- Kydd, Angela; Touhy, Theris; Newman, David; Fagerberg, Ingegerd; Engstrom, Gabriella. Attitudes towards caring for older people in Scotland, Sweden and the United States. Nursing Older People. Mar2014, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p33-40. 8p.
- Lou, Meei-Fang; The use of music to decrease agitated behavior of the demented elderly: the state of the science; Scandinavian Journal of Caring Sciences; Jun2001; Vol. 15 Issue 2
- McCallion, Philip; Toseland, Ronald W.; Gerber, Todd; Banks, Steven; Increasing the Use of Formal Services by Caregivers of People with Dementia; Social Work; Jul2004; Vol. 49 Issue 3
- Meza-de-Luna, M. E.; Romero-Zepeda, H. Trames: Areas of Conflict in the Intimte Couple. A Journal of the Humanities & Social Sciences. 2013, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p87-100. 14p. 1 Diagram. DOI: 10.3176/tr.2013.1.04.
- Min, Lillian; Wenger, Neil; Walling, Anne M.; Blaum, Caroline; Cigolle, Christine; Ganz, David A.; Reuben, David; Shekelle, Paul; Roth, Carol; Kerr, Eve A. When Comorbidity, Aging, and Complexity of Primary Care Meet: Development and Validation of the Geriatric CompleXity of Care Index. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society. Apr2013, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p542-550. 9p. 1 Diagram, 3 Charts. DOI: 10.1111/jgs.12160.
- Missouri End of Life Coalition’s and End of Life in the Nursing Home Task Force. Guidelines for End-of-Life Care in Long-Term Care Facilities, Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services Division of Senior Services and Regulation, September 2003, p1-238.
- Mitrani, V.B.; Czaja, S. J.; Family-based therapy for dementia caregivers: clinical observations; Aging & Mental Health, Aug2000; Vol. 4 Issue 3
- Myers, Jane & Melanie Harper.; Evidence-Based Effective Practices With Older Adults; Journal of Counseling & Development, Spring 2004, Vol. 82, Issue 2.
- Neufeld, A.; Harrison, M.J.; Unfulfilled expectations and negative interactions: nonsupport in the relationships of women caregivers; Journal of Advanced Nursing; Feb2003; Vol. 41 Issue 4
- Perissutti, Christina; Barraca, Jorge. Integrative Behavioral Couple Therapy vs. Traditional Behavioral Couple Therapy: A theoretical review of the differential effectiveness. Clinica y Salud. mar2013, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p11-18. 8p. 1 Chart. DOI: 10.5093/c12013a2.
- Pocnet, Cornelia; Rossier, Jérôme; Antonietti, Jean-Philippe; Gunten, Armin. Personality traits and behavioral and psychological symptoms in patients at an early stage of Alzheimer's disease. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry. Mar2013, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p276-283. 8p. 2 Charts, 2 Graphs. DOI: 10.1002/gps.3822.
- Quadagno, Jill, Aging & the Life Course: Student Edition, 4th Ed., OnlineLearningCenter. McGraw-Hill Higher Education 2008
- Quinn, Catherine; Anderson, Daniel; Toms, Gill; Whitaker, Rhiannon; Edwards, Rhiannon Tudor; Jones, Carys; Clare, Linda. Self-management in early-stage dementia: a pilot randomised controlled trial of the efficacy and cost-effectiveness of a self-management group intervention (The SMART study). Trials. 2014, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p1-18. 18p. 1 Chart. DOI: 10.1186/1745-6215-15-74.
- Robinson, Karen M.; Adkisson, Pam; Weinrich, Sally; Problem behavior, caregiver reactions, and impact among caregivers of persons with Alzheimer’s disease; Journal of Advanced Nursing; Nov2001; Vol. 36 Issue 4
- Rognmo, Kamilla; Torvik, Fartein A.; Idstad, Mariann; Tambs, Kristian. More mental health problems after divorce in couples with high pre-divorce alcohol consumption than in other divorced couples: results from the HUNT-study. BMC Public Health. 2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1-11. 11p. 8 Charts. DOI: 10.1186/1471-2458-13-852.
- Smith, Amanda G.; Behavioral problems in dementia; Postgraduate Medicine; Jun2004; Vol. 115 Issue 6
- Sussman, Tamara; Regehr, Cheryl; The Influence of Community-Based Services on the Burden of Spouses Caring for Their Partners with Dementia; Health & Social Work; Feb. 2009; Vol. 34; Issue 1; p 29-40
- Tambling, Rachel B.; Wong, Alison G.; Anderson, Shayne R. Expectations About Couple Therapy: A Qualitative Investigation. American Journal of Family Therapy. Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p29-41. 13p. DOI: 10.1080/01926187.2012.747944.
- Tappen, Ruth M.; “Interventions for Alzheimer’s Disease: A Caregiver’s Complete Reference”; Health Professions Press.; Baltimore, MD.; 1997.
- Tzeng, Yu-Ling; Lin, Li-Chan; Shyr, Yea-Ing Lotus; Wen, Jung-Kwang; Sexual behavior of institutionalized residents with dementia – a qualitative study; Journal of Clinical Nursing; April 2009; Vol. 13; Issue 7; p 991- 1001
- Werth, J., Gordon, J., & R. Johnson; Psychosocial Issues Near the End of Life; Aging & Mental Health; Nov. 2002, Vol. 6, Issue 4.
Email yourself a link to this page and start a "Professional Reference Folder of Interventions" for your future use. Or email a link to this page to Mental Health Professionals. No further emails will be sent to them.
* Required Field
Thanks ahead of time... for paying us the compliment of sharing our information with others! We strive to provide practical quality information and interventions in an affordable and easy to use format.
|Email a link to this page, to yourself and start a "Professional Reference Folder of Interventions."|
( This symbol indicates a key tool or idea.) Or email a link of this page to colleagues. No further emails will be sent to them.
|If you have a Facebook page, log-in and share this page with your colleagues. The section name, link, and a brief description of this page will appear on your wall and your colleague’s News Feed.|
|If you have a Facebook page, log-in. Click the "Like" link. Then when we post Intervention Tools and Techniques to our MentalHealthCE Facebook page, ideas will be posted to your Facebook News Feed.|