|Healthcare Training Institute - Quality Education since 1979CE for Psychologist, Social Worker, Counselor, & MFT!!
If you would like additional information on this topic,
below are OPTIONAL books to consider buying for your personal library...
- Abramson, M. Reflections on knowing oneself ethically: Toward a working framework for social work practice. Families in Society, 1996a, 77(4), 195-202.
- Bemecker, Samantha L. Helping Clients Help Themselves: Managing Ethical Concerns When Offering Guided Self-Help Interventions in Psychotherapy Practice. Professional Psychology: Research & Practice. Apr2014, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p111-119.
- Briere, John PhD, Therapy for Adults Molested as Children: Beyond Survival, Springer Publishing:
New York, 1996.
- Chahal, Parneet Kaur. A trainee counselling psychologist's considerations in CBT-informed practice with adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse. Counselling Psychology Review. Sep2013, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p30-42.
- Chartier, Mariette J.; Walker, John R.; Naimark, Barbara, Health Risk Behaviors and Mental Health Problems as Mediators of the Relationship Between Childhood Abuse and Adult Health, American Journal of Public Health, May 2009, Vol. 99, Issue 5, p 846-856
Davis, Joseph MA, Accounts of Innocence: Sexual Abuse, Trauma, and the Self,
University of Chicago Press: Chicago, 2005.-
Draucker, Claire PhD, Counselling Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse,
Sage Publications: London, 1998.
- Dubenetzky, Salome. Differential Diagnosis of Anxiety Disorders. Annals of Psychotherapy & Integrative Health. Summer2013, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p40-46.
Duncan, Karen PhD, Healing from the Trauma of Childhood Sexual Abuse: The Journey
for Women, Praeger Publishers: Westport, 2004.
- Gifford, Elizabeth V.; Tavakoli, Sara; Wang, Ruey; Hagedorn, Hildi J.; Hamlett-Berry, Kim W. Tobacco dependence diagnosis and treatment in Veterans Health Administration residential substance use disorder treatment programs. Addiction. Jun2013, Vol. 108 Issue 6, p1127-1135.
- Henderson, Kathryn L. Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse: Considerations and Guidelines for Mental Health Counselors. Journal of Mental Health Counseling. Oct2013, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p296-309.
Hughes, Donna Rice, Child Sexual Abuse, http://www.protectkids.com/abuse/,
- Kangas, Julie L.; Calvert, James D. Ethical Issues in Mental Health Background Checks for Firearm Ownership. Professional Psychology: Research & Practice. Feb2014, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p76-83.
- Karakurt, Gunnur; Silver, Kristin E. Therapy for Childhood Sexual Abuse Survivors Using Attachment and Family Systems Theory Orientations. American Journal of Family Therapy. Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p79-91.
- Kingston, Sharon; Raghavan, Chitra, The relationship of sexual abuse, early initiation of substance use, and adolescent trauma to PTSD, Journal of Traumatic Stress, Feb 2009, Vol. 22, Issue 1, p 65-69
- Koerner, Naomi; Antony, Martin; Young, Lisa; McCabe, Randi. Changes in Beliefs about the Social Competence of Self and Others Following Group Cognitive-Behavioral Treatment. Cognitive Therapy & Research. Apr2013, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p256-265. .
- Kolko, David J.; Cohen, Judith A.; Mannarino, Anthony P.; Baumann, Barbara L.; Knudsen, Kraig; Community Treatment of Child Sexual Abuse: A Survey of Practitioners in the National Child Traumatic Stress Network; Administration & Policy in Mental Health & Mental Health Services Research, January 2009, Vol 36 Issue 1, p37
- Landes, Sara J. The Case: Treating Jared Through Dialectical Behavior Therapy. Journal of Clinical Psychology. May2013, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p488-489.
- Loewenberg, F. M., & Dolgoff, R. & Harrington, D. Ethical decisions for social work practice. Itasca, Illinois: F.E. Peacock., 2000.
- Moe, Cathrine; Kvig, Erling I; Brinchmann, Beate; Brinchmann, Berit S. Working behind the scenes’ An ethical view of mental health nursing and first-episode psychosis. Nursing Ethics. Aug2013, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p517-527.
National Clearinghouse on Child Abuse and Neglect Information, Recognizing
Child Abuse: What Parents Should Know. Prevent Child Abuse America, 2003,
- Reamer, F. G. The social work ethics audit: A risk-management strategy. Social Work, 2000, 45(4), 355-366.
- Reamer, Frederic G., Social Work Ethics Casebook: Cases and Commentary. Washington, DC: NASW Press, 2009
- Reamer, Frederic G., Social Work Malpractice and Liability: Strategies for Prevention, 2nd ed. (New York: Columbia University Press, 2003)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Social Work Values and Ethics, 3rd ed. (New York: Columbia University Press, 2006)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Ethical Standards in Social Work: A Review of the NASW Code of Ethics, 2nd ed. (Washington, DC: NASW Press, 2006)
- Reamer, Frederic G., The Social Work Ethics Audit: A Risk-management Tool (Washington, DC: NASW Press, 2001)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Tangled Relationships: Managing Boundaries in the Human Services (New York: Columbia University Press, 2001)
- Reamer, Frederic G., Ethics Education in Social Work (Alexandria, VA: Council on Social Work Education, 2001)
- Rickerby, Michelle. Family support and childhood sexual abuse: A powerful force in recovery. Brown University Child & Adolescent Behavior Letter. Jun2013, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p1-6.
- Rothstein, Mark A., Tarasoff Duties after Newtown, Journal of Law, Medicine & Ethics. Spring2014, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p104-109.
- Segal, Daniel L., Self-Reported History of Sexual Coercion and Rape Negatively Impacts Resilience to Suicide Among Women Students ,Death Studies, Oct 2009, Vol. 33, Issue 9, p 848-856
- Shapero, Benjamin G.; Black, Shimrit K.; Liu, Richard T.; Klugman, Joshua; Bender, Rachel E.; Abramson, Lyn Y.; Alloy, Lauren B. Stressful Life Events and Depression Symptoms: The Effect of Childhood Emotional Abuse on Stress Reactivity. Journal of Clinical Psychology. Mar2014, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p209-223.
- Van der Kolk, Bessel; Najavits, Lisa M. Interview: What is PTSD Really? Surprises, Twists of History, and the Politics of Diagnosis and Treatment. Journal of Clinical Psychology. May2013, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p516-522.
- Varley, MD., Christopher K. Overview of DSM-5 Changes, Seattle Children's - New York State Office of Mental Health, p1-77.
-Walker-Rodriguez, Amanda; and Rodney Hill. Human Sex Trafficking. Federal Bureau of Investigation, March 2011, p1-6.
- Welles, Seth L.; Baker, A. Cornelius; Miner, Michael H.; Brennan, David J.; Jacoby, Scott; Rosser, B. R. Simon; History of Childhood Sexual Abuse and Unsafe Anal Intercourse in a 6-City Study of HIV-Positive Men Who Have Sex With Men; American Journal of Public Health, June 2009, Vol 99 Issue 6, p1079
Wickham, Randall PhD, & Janet West, Therapeutic Work with Sexually Abused
Children, Sage Publications: London. 2002.
- Wilson, Helen W.; Widom, Cathy S.; Sexually Transmitted Diseases Among Adults Who Had Been Abused and Neglected as Children: A 30-Year Prospective Study; American Journal of Public Health, March 2009, Vol 99, pS197
- Yancey, C.; Naufel, Karen; Hansen, David. The Relationship of Personal, Family, and Abuse-Specific Factors to Children's Clinical Presentation Following Childhood Sexual Abuse. Journal of Family Violence. Jan2013, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p31-42.
Coordinating Author/Instructor: Tracy Appleton, LCSW, MEd