Healthcare Training Institute - Quality Education since 1979
CE for Psychologist, Social Worker, Counselor, & MFT!!
If you would like additional information on this topic,
- Bergner, Raymond M.; Trauma, Exposure, and World Reconstruction; American Journal of Psychotherapy; 2009; Vol. 63; Issue 3; p 267-283
- Bishop, Melanie; Rosenstein, David; Bakelaar, Susanne; Seedat, Soraya. An analysis of early developmental trauma in social anxiety disorder and posttraumatic stress disorder. Annals of General Psychiatry. 2014, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1-24.
- Chahal, Parneet Kaur. A trainee counselling psychologist's considerations in CBT-informed practice with adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse. Counselling Psychology Review. Sep2013, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p30-42. 13p.
- Chalsma PhD, PsyD, H.W.; The Chambers of Memory: PTSD in the Life Stories of U.S.Vietnam Veterans; Jason Aronson Inc: New Jersey; 1998
- Congressional Budget Office, The Veterans Health Administration’s Treatment of PTSD and Traumatic Brain Injury Among Recent Combat Veterans, Congres of the United States Congressional Budget Office, February 2012, p1-52.
- Drožđek, Boris; Kamperman, Astrid M.; Tol, Wietse A.; Knipscheer, Jeroen W.; Kleber, Rolf J. Seven-Year Follow-Up Study of Symptoms in Asylum Seekers and Refugees With PTSD Treated With Trauma-Focused Groups Journal of Clinical Psychology. Apr2014, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p376-387.
- Herman MD, Judith Lewis; Trauma and Recovery; BasicBooks: New York; 1992
- Hybels-Steer PhD, Mariann; Aftermath: Survive and Overcome Trauma; Simon & Schuster: New York; 1995
- Karakurt, Gunnur; Silver, Kristin E. Therapy for Childhood Sexual Abuse Survivors Using Attachment and Family Systems Theory Orientations. American Journal of Family Therapy. Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p79-91. 13p. DOI: 10.1080/01926187.2013.772872.
- Kip, Kevin E.; Rosenzweig, Laney; Hernandez, Diego F.; Shuman, Amy; Sullivan, Kelly L.; Long, Christopher J.; Taylor, James; McGhee, Stephen; Girling, Sue Ann; Wittenberg, Trudy; Sahebzamani, Frances M.; Lengacher, Cécile A.; Kadel, Rajendra; Diamond, David M. Randomized Controlled Trial of Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART) for Symptoms of Combat-Related Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Military Medicine. Dec2013, Vol. 178 Issue 12, p1298-1309.
- Litt, Lisa. Clinical Decision Making in the Treatment of Complex PTSD and Substance Misuse. Journal of Clinical Psychology. May2013, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p534-542.
- Matsakis PhD, Aphrodite; I Can’t Get Over It: A Handbook for Trauma Survivors; New Harbinger Publications, Inc: California; 1992
- Moon, Claire; Healing Past Violence: Traumatic Assumptions and Therapeutic Interventions in War and Reconciliation; Journal of Human Rights; March 2009; Vol. 8; Issue 1; p 71- 92
- Nickerson, Angela; Liddell, Belinda J.; Maccallum, Fiona; Steel, Zachary; Silove, Derrick; Bryant, Richard A. Posttraumatic stress disorder and prolonged grief in refugees exposed to trauma and loss. BMC Psychiatry. 2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1-19.
- Porterfield MA, Kay Marie; Straight Talk About Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder; Facts On File: New York; 1996
- Rickerby, Michelle. Family support and childhood sexual abuse: A powerful force in recovery. Brown University Child & Adolescent Behavior Letter. Jun2013, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p1-6. 4p.
- Schiraldi PhD, Glenn R.; The Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Sourcebook; Lowell House: California; 2000
- Shapero, Benjamin G.; Black, Shimrit K.; Liu, Richard T.; Klugman, Joshua; Bender, Rachel E.; Abramson, Lyn Y.; Alloy, Lauren B. Stressful Life Events and Depression Symptoms: The Effect of Childhood Emotional Abuse on Stress Reactivity. Journal of Clinical Psychology. Mar2014, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p209-223. 15p. 2 Charts. DOI: 10.1002/jclp.22011
- Solomon, Zahava; Dekel, Rachel; Zerach, Gadi; Posttraumatic Stress Disorder and Marital Adjustment: The Mediating Role of Forgiveness; Family Process; Dec 2009; Vol. 48; Issue 4; p 546-559
- Yancey, C.; Naufel, Karen; Hansen, David. The Relationship of Personal, Family, and Abuse-Specific Factors to Children's Clinical Presentation Following Childhood Sexual Abuse. Journal of Family Violence. Jan2013, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p31-42. 12p. 7 Charts. DOI: 10.1007/s10896-012-9485-6
The article above contains foundational information. Articles below contain optional updates.
More Articles on 50+ topics
Combat PTSD â€” One Veteransâ€™ Journey to Control the Beast - May 26, 2017
I thought January 9, 1970 was the end of my involvement with the military and the Vietnam War. That was the day I was discharged from the US Navy after […]
Residual Symptoms of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder - April 11, 2017
When someone experiences a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder episode there are residual symptoms. Residual symptoms are different fromÂ PTSD symptoms.Â These begin immediately after the episode subsides. And, these residual effects last […]
Book Review: The Posttraumatic Growth Workbook - March 14, 2017
The authors of The Posttraumatic Growth Workbook: Coming Through Trauma Wiser, Stronger, and More Resilient, Richard Tedeschi and Bret Moore, are both practicing psychologists and have been for many years […]
Trauma: Then and Now - March 13, 2017
How do I know that Iâ€™m suffering from the sequelae of a traumatic event? Trauma happens. It happens in everyday life. If not discharged properly it sleeps in our bodies […]
Experiencing Performance Issues? EMDR Therapy Can Help - February 01, 2017
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) is a scientifically based form of psychotherapy originally developed to treat trauma associated with posttraumatic stress disorder. Since its advent approximately 25 years ago, […]