Healthcare Training Institute - Quality Education since 1979
CE for Psychologist, Social Worker, Counselor, & MFT!!
If you would like additional information on this topic,
- Bergner, Raymond M.; Trauma, Exposure, and World Reconstruction; American Journal of Psychotherapy; 2009; Vol. 63; Issue 3; p 267-283
- Bishop, Melanie; Rosenstein, David; Bakelaar, Susanne; Seedat, Soraya. An analysis of early developmental trauma in social anxiety disorder and posttraumatic stress disorder. Annals of General Psychiatry. 2014, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1-24.
- Chahal, Parneet Kaur. A trainee counselling psychologist's considerations in CBT-informed practice with adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse. Counselling Psychology Review. Sep2013, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p30-42. 13p.
- Chalsma PhD, PsyD, H.W.; The Chambers of Memory: PTSD in the Life Stories of U.S.Vietnam Veterans; Jason Aronson Inc: New Jersey; 1998
- Congressional Budget Office, The Veterans Health Administration’s Treatment of PTSD and Traumatic Brain Injury Among Recent Combat Veterans, Congres of the United States Congressional Budget Office, February 2012, p1-52.
- Drožđek, Boris; Kamperman, Astrid M.; Tol, Wietse A.; Knipscheer, Jeroen W.; Kleber, Rolf J. Seven-Year Follow-Up Study of Symptoms in Asylum Seekers and Refugees With PTSD Treated With Trauma-Focused Groups Journal of Clinical Psychology. Apr2014, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p376-387.
- Herman MD, Judith Lewis; Trauma and Recovery; BasicBooks: New York; 1992
- Hybels-Steer PhD, Mariann; Aftermath: Survive and Overcome Trauma; Simon & Schuster: New York; 1995
- Karakurt, Gunnur; Silver, Kristin E. Therapy for Childhood Sexual Abuse Survivors Using Attachment and Family Systems Theory Orientations. American Journal of Family Therapy. Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p79-91. 13p. DOI: 10.1080/01926187.2013.772872.
- Kip, Kevin E.; Rosenzweig, Laney; Hernandez, Diego F.; Shuman, Amy; Sullivan, Kelly L.; Long, Christopher J.; Taylor, James; McGhee, Stephen; Girling, Sue Ann; Wittenberg, Trudy; Sahebzamani, Frances M.; Lengacher, Cécile A.; Kadel, Rajendra; Diamond, David M. Randomized Controlled Trial of Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART) for Symptoms of Combat-Related Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Military Medicine. Dec2013, Vol. 178 Issue 12, p1298-1309.
- Litt, Lisa. Clinical Decision Making in the Treatment of Complex PTSD and Substance Misuse. Journal of Clinical Psychology. May2013, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p534-542.
- Matsakis PhD, Aphrodite; I Can’t Get Over It: A Handbook for Trauma Survivors; New Harbinger Publications, Inc: California; 1992
- Moon, Claire; Healing Past Violence: Traumatic Assumptions and Therapeutic Interventions in War and Reconciliation; Journal of Human Rights; March 2009; Vol. 8; Issue 1; p 71- 92
- Nickerson, Angela; Liddell, Belinda J.; Maccallum, Fiona; Steel, Zachary; Silove, Derrick; Bryant, Richard A. Posttraumatic stress disorder and prolonged grief in refugees exposed to trauma and loss. BMC Psychiatry. 2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1-19.
- Porterfield MA, Kay Marie; Straight Talk About Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder; Facts On File: New York; 1996
- Rickerby, Michelle. Family support and childhood sexual abuse: A powerful force in recovery. Brown University Child & Adolescent Behavior Letter. Jun2013, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p1-6. 4p.
- Schiraldi PhD, Glenn R.; The Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Sourcebook; Lowell House: California; 2000
- Shapero, Benjamin G.; Black, Shimrit K.; Liu, Richard T.; Klugman, Joshua; Bender, Rachel E.; Abramson, Lyn Y.; Alloy, Lauren B. Stressful Life Events and Depression Symptoms: The Effect of Childhood Emotional Abuse on Stress Reactivity. Journal of Clinical Psychology. Mar2014, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p209-223. 15p. 2 Charts. DOI: 10.1002/jclp.22011
- Solomon, Zahava; Dekel, Rachel; Zerach, Gadi; Posttraumatic Stress Disorder and Marital Adjustment: The Mediating Role of Forgiveness; Family Process; Dec 2009; Vol. 48; Issue 4; p 546-559
- Yancey, C.; Naufel, Karen; Hansen, David. The Relationship of Personal, Family, and Abuse-Specific Factors to Children's Clinical Presentation Following Childhood Sexual Abuse. Journal of Family Violence. Jan2013, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p31-42. 12p. 7 Charts. DOI: 10.1007/s10896-012-9485-6
The article above contains foundational information. Articles below contain optional updates.
More Articles on 50+ topics
The Unique Features of Complex PTSD - September 15, 2017
â€śIf we could somehow end child abuse and neglect, the eight hundred pages of DSM (and the need for the easier explanations such as DSM-IV Made Easy: The Clinician’s Guide […]
Can Art Therapy Help Heal the Pain of PTSD? - August 07, 2017
Art therapy has experienced tremendous growth over the past two decades, not only advancing treatment options but also advancing into different populations and treatment settings. In particular, art therapists have […]
Book Review: The Posttraumatic Growth Workbook - July 26, 2017
IfÂ you toldÂ most people that after a traumatic event, they could feel stronger, more open to new experiences, more appreciative of life, a deepened sense of spirituality and closer, more authentic […]
Postpartum Psychosis: Is It Real? - July 21, 2017
â€śI donâ€™t remember too clearly,â€ť says Sarah, 40, now divorced. â€śThere was a rat. It was black and silky, the size of a cat, and it ran across the closet […]
Book Review: Mindfulness Skills for Trauma & PTSD - July 12, 2017
Post-traumatic stress disorder affects a wide range of individuals, from combat veterans and law enforcement to the survivors of sexual assault and childhood abuse. The disorder expresses itself in a […]